cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending the payment file to Bank for printing (EDI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are looking at the option of sending the EDI file to bank (House bank) so that the bank will print the cheques as also despatch to the vendors. For this I understand that we should use the program RFFOEDI1. Presently we are using the program RFFOUS_C and so printing the cheques also inhouse.

For enabling this new change what all configuration do I need to do. Can any one provide me step by step approach. I tried the same looking at some documentation but something seems missing and no output is generated eventhou there are some records with the selection criteria.

Appreciate an immediate response from you. Thanks & regards

Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

If not already sorted out see OSS note 504230 :

Message EUPEXR forms the logical unit around the individual payment messages (PAYEXT IDocs). The E1IDRD1 segments contain the IDoc numbers of the payment messages in field DOCNUM. Segment E1IDRS1 contains check sums (total of all amounts, account numbers, bank numbers, number of payment messages). This information is provided for the EDI subsystem.

Set up EUPEXR

In Transaction WE20 for the partner profile for the house bank, create the outbound parameters for message type EUPEXR with IDoc type IDCREF01. If you want to create IDocs from the proposal run, outbound parameters with the 'Test' flag are required in addition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like the IDOC type you are using may not be defined in SAP. Try this: go to transaction WEDI, and drill down into Development. These are many of the IDOC development transactions. Check that the IDOC you are using is defined in WE30, and the message is defined in WE81. I have a suspicion based on the error message you left in your last post that they may not be...

Regards,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you were not able to make an entry to the Outbound Parameters table. You first have to create the partner in WE20 and save it. Then, you can go back in and click the button "Create Outbound Parameter". P.M's settings seem correct.

Good luck!

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

As mentioned by Mr. Dhar, I was able to complete the outbound Parmt. Now the error message I am getting is as given below (It is a copy paste of the SAP error message):-

IDoc type could not be determined for the IDoc

Message no. B1090

Diagnosis

The IDoc passed to the ALE layer could not be processed.

The specifications passed in the control record were not correct.

The basic IDoc type (field EDIDC-IDOCTP on the outbound side or

EDI_DC-IDOCTYP on the inbound side)has not been specified for this

IDoc.

The attempt to read the basic IDoc type from table EDIDO also failed.

No table entry was found for IDoc type from field DOCTYP.

Procedure

Possible error sources:

- The calling program did not provide values for the fields specified

above correctly. Make a note of the transaction in which this error

occurred and consult your ALE administrator.

- The IDoc type is not known in your system and must be

maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You try with IDOC type PEXR2001 or F4 for relevant Idoc type.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.N.

In transaction WE20, you will need to define the house bank number under partner type B (bank). Under Outbound Parameters, define the message type as the message type of the IDOC you are using (PAYEXT?). Partner Role should be left blank. If you have not already done so, you will also have to setup the RFC and Port in transactions WE21 and SM59.

Please define where you are in the config. process a little more, and we will be able to offer more help. Are you triggering an output conditions? Have you created an IDOC yet? etc...

Good luck.

Aaron

Points are always apprecaited

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the info.

I am getting the error message "IDoc type could not be determined for the IDoc".

I will explain you what I hav done.

a) I could do the payment prog. configure...etc.

However in tcode WE20 when I try to make entry in the outbound parameters, it is expecting an entry in the Partn.Funct field. But I cant see any drop down in this and so not allowing any entry. I presume that because of this I am not able to have any message type and which is the reason for the error message. I may be wrong.

Can you help me now as to how to proceed ?

Also let me know a) What message type I will use, b) Where do I define the Idoctype?

regards

KN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

01. Message Type - PAYEXT

When you double click message type, there you need to maintain in outbound option tab page the following

02. Receiver port,

Pack size - may be 1

Output type - Immediately

IDOC TYPE - PEXR2001/PEXR2002

In FI12, you need to maintain EDI partner profile details besides FBZP settings.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan

Main thing is you need to setup a partner profile in WE20 for your bank. You also need to indicate what type of message type used in the partner profile. Hope you will be using some middleware between your system and the bank server.

thanks

ashok

assign points for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your response. But I had tried this. Got stuck as to what partner No. do I have to give? Where is this master data for this if any? Besides there are some mandatory fields in the screen like the agent type, Agent etc. These being mandatory field, I am not able to proceed to the outbound parameters for giving the message type etc...Request if you can give some eg. and revert.

Thanks & regards

Krishnan