cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training historical records of legacy system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm migrating the training history records as a qualification. And the start/end date of given qualification is specified as duration of training.

Is it a good idea? If not, what infotype do you record training historical records from legacy system?

Thank you in advance.

ECTSAKC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Historical training records should go into the training. What is the rationale of using qualifications for capturing training history?

You can create historical training catalog based on the legacy system and assign participant accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mnish,

Because of historical training course title is more than 4,000 records (training rec. is about 120,000). If it should go into the training, it seems that we need to create create business event type, and business event date date around 4000 objects. And then assigned around 120,000 records of participants. It looks quite a big job. It is the background scenario why I consider to store historical training as a Q object. If I desired to records it as qualification. I only assign the qualification to them right away. When the system going live, the participant who pass the training will be given the qualification in follow-up stage (PV15). Of course, there are some drawback of this alternative. Right now, I'm thinking about your suggestion because of when we run the historical records, the system can get all records from one component. Do you have any tool to upload such data like this?

Best regards,

ECTSAKC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ECTSAKC,

I have to create course upload programme for the client. My plan is to upload through LSMW. Created an action in PP03. but when I am executing the transaction I am getting the error as "Infotype 1035 skipped due to lack of authorization". FOllowing is the sequence of actions in action:

ZECreate Course1FWE10002         
ZECreate Course40FWE10212         
ZECreate Course50FWE10242         
ZECreate Course60FWE10262         
ZECreate Course100FWE10352         
ZECreate Course123FWE1001A0202D
ZECreate Course170FWE1001A0242F
ZECreate Course210FWE1001A0362U
ZECreate Course250FWE1001A9992O

Pls help.

Thanks

Srinivas Ch

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would tend to agree with Manish, just add a new entry to table T777BIRTH to allow "top down" relationship 025 between object types P and E from birth/until highdate, and upload your history as business events with LSMW.

As a side-benefit this also solves the problem of not being able to record past training attendances for terminated employees.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your idea sounds interesting. But in case you need to take reports, you might have some difficulty.

Why not consider IT 0022- The infotype itself sounds Education and Training

Another approach is that if it is possible create a business event group of all the trainings that have happened in the past and assign respective attendees to them. This will have its own reporting advantages.

Hope this info helps

Regards

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith & All,

Thank you for all of your suggestion. It seems that each alternative have thier own trade off. Here is the problem of each alternative.

Storing in Q object.

Well, storing it as Q object encounter the problem when running historical training report. It needs to develop customized report to take it from 2 objects, from Q and E (Bussiness event).

Storing in Business event.

Storing it as business event, we have to created LSMW to upload the object and related relationships. And also, the start date of IT0000 should be the actual joining date of employee. Otherwise, error occure when create the relations. Our the problem is the start dates in IT0000 are the going live date, 01.01.2006 for example *. The actual joining date is recorded in IT0041. Therefore; we cannot create the relations to participant before 01.01.2006.

Note: * Because of the FI component set the controlling fiscal start from 01.01.2006, it is intergrate with org. unit and cost center.

Storing in IT0022

In IT0002, the user want to keep only academic educational records because there is some customized report that need to display the educational information. The finished customized report is needed to revised if we create it in this IT.

Thanks & best regards,

ECTSAKC

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a simple workaround for IT0000 since I had faced the same issue. Look for one of my question on this and it provides for a solution. It is basically to allow the relationship to start from my date of birth. It's a simple setting on the OM side.

I would definitely recommend using the business event so that historical reporting and current reporting are consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If my understanding of your problem is correct there could be 2 issues

1. Your upload (for golive) of employees have started with the go-live date. If this is the case, you have to work on the feature 'ENTRY' to get your basic employee reports. Otherwise you might anticipate some problems.

To combat this, use entry and maintain IT 41 subtype 01- Technical Date of Entry.

If both are done, assigning the person to the BE is not a problem. There will not be any exceptions

2. The business event creation date is earlier than the date of creation of business event group. In this case, you will not be able to assign employees.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Yes, your recommendation is reasonable. But I forgor other information that we need to records is the results of training. Due to the regulation of org., so the employees who attend the training course are required to take an examination. The result will be given to those who passed or not passed. The examination score will be kept in appraisal system. Therefore, we desired to use Q to keep the examination results.

Best regards,

ECTSAKC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Training Historical Records as Business event would be better solution. But be careful about the start date in IT0000. When using LSMW or manually to create relationship to participant, the system will check the start date of business event date and start date (joining date) in IT0000. If the start date of business event date is befor joing date, system will populate error message and participant cannot be assigned.