Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in cancelling Intercompany Invoice

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A fatal error has occurred in the Production System.The is part of the Intercompany flow.

-Sales order is raised for a customer belonging to Sales Organization A.

-Delivery is made directly to customer of Sales Org A from a Plant belonging to Sales Organization B

-Intercompany invoice is generated from B to A.

During this flow,there was some error in the Intercompany Invoice since COGS and GIT was not captured in the Invoice.This required us to cancel the existing Intercompany Invoice and regenerate a new one.

But,this has led to another critical error.During cancellation,the cancelled billing document has been generated with a wrong number range,i.e.,instead of B sales org number range it has been generated with the A sales org number(Beacuse we had forgotten to maintain the number for cancellation billing document for Sales org B)So there is a mess in the accounting entries.How to reverse these changes..Is any manual workaround available to clean up this mess.

Please provide your feedback incase you have come across such a problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you got it..

Jess

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

I understand we have to create a new Invoice and cancel it after maintainin the new number range.

But my question is ,what will happen to the previous accounting entry..What will happen to the accounting entries generated with the wrong number range i.e., wrong company code.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

umm you can try this....

1 . Bill the same doc again

2. Change the number range for cancel billing doc.

3. Now cancel the same billing doc.

Best of Luck..Jess

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually there are two invoices now,

1.Old invoice

2.Cancellation Invoice generated with wrong number range.

So,you mean to say that I need to create a new Invoice same as 1.Old Invoice and after maintainin the number range to cancel this newly created Invoice.

Please correct me if am wrong Jess.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Have anyone come across such a scenario??

Regards,

Sophia Xavier