cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Purchase Order Instead of Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In Extended Classic Scenario we are using SRM 5.0 and ECC 6.0. we need to create only Purchase Order rather then Purchase Requisition. this is given as the development enhancement. can anyone of you tell me the procedure to go about this requirement.

In the following step : " Go to SRM --> SRM Server --> Cross Application Settings --> Define Objects in Backend System --> go to external procurement and select the function from the drop down box", it says "purchase order if item data is complete, otherwise Purchase Requsition.

So i am not sure that this will fulfill my requirement. need some help from you guys.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this link, which might help ->

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I have gone through your query. It says you are working in Extended classic scenario.

If you want to create a P.O directly after creating a shopping cart in SRM, maintain the following settings

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > SOURCING > Define sourcing for product categories

In that maintain category I.D, Source system and Sourcing never carried out in sourcing tab.

After maintaining these settings, once you create a shopping cart and assign a vendor in the shopping cart it will directly create a P.O instead of going to sourcing cock pit.

In case if you don't assign any vendor in Shopping cart it will still create a P.O but kept in held status. The P.O gets released once you assign a vendor.

In case you require further calrification feel free to ask.

Also reward points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks for the reply, but the process which you have said i went through in which if i do so then never Purchase requisition will be created and only purchase order will be created.

Sorry for it, as i have passed incomplete message before as i need both the option with the help of Enhancement. please let me know if you know any such BADI or method that will help me out. since if i remove the purchase requisition option compeletely then i will not be able to create a shopping cart (i am not sure about this).

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Extended classic scenario (ECS), you never create PR !!!

With ECS , you always create SRM PO (complete or incomplete).

When SRM PO is complete, the PO is duplicated in the ECC system.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have done this several times. This is easily possible using <b>BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS BADI</b>

or using <b>BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE BADI.</b>

Please let me know, incase you need any other details.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

Thanks for you useful answer. i have rewarded the points for it. please send me in the IMG path to reach to the concern BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS or BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE as it will help me further and also some technical information about the BADIs.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The path is as mentioned below:

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM SERVER > BAdis > Shopping carts & Requirement items > Determine Target Objects in BE System ( BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE )

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use transaction - <b>SE18</b> (BADI Definitions) and type the name there

as BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS

or

BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE

and read the relevant standard documentation provided by SAP on this, before creating a custom BADI Implementation using <b>SE19</b> Transaction for this BADI Definition as per yourt requirement.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain why you go this way, as for ECS scenario there is no possibility of PR creation except switching to classic scenario ???

Kind regards,

Yann