cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Selections for Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BW Experts,

I am asked by my clients to design a BEx query for a report that requires multiple selection for a data field. They want to select multiple codes (out of 10) in the selction window.

As far I know I can have a single value (1 value) or value range (2 values) selection when defining Variables.

How is it possible design query to be able to select 10 values in the initial selection window ??

Is there any way ????

Please help me ASAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating a a variable, use multiple single values variable type.

this will give insert row button at the end of each selection value row.

*reward if helpful*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pradhiba,

I tried that but when I selected 3 inputs (one by one), it showed me results for only the last one selected.

But the requirement is I will select 5 and it will show tha values of those 5 inputs.

How can I do that ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

no.. it should give all 3 if u have selected the option multiple single values and kept inserting rows in the selection screen..

check if data is there in the data target for values selected..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there are not enough data.

Need to check it with the client. I will get back to you about it later.

Also can you please tell me - how to delete Variables from the system ?

I deleted the previous one from the query designer.

But it's atill telling me that The Variable name is available when I tried to create new one with the same name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

from query designer - change variable - check where used, if not used anywhere then it will delete.. otherwise it wont..

worst thing is it will not tell u whether it is deleted or not..

Former Member
0 Kudos

to check if data is available, execute the report without any selection value for that infoobject, and drill down on that infoobject, u will get the various values for which data is available..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also multiple selection for variables, please use that to select multiple values at pop up.

thanks.

wond