cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have a problem in returnable packaging, when i pack the material , handling units are generated, "Material is packed" message also appears but when come back into delivery the returnable packaging material will not display with packed material (FG)?

Can any one have solution?

Reward Pts for useful answer.

Thx & regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below the Returnable packaging process.

Creating a Returnable Packaging Shipment

To ship returnable packaging using a standard sales order, for example, proceed as follows:

Create a sales order using the order type OR.

Enter the required data on the customer, the materials , and the delivering plant.

Enter the returnable packaging as a main item or sub-item as required.

Enter all other relevant data and save the order.

Create a delivery as the subsequent document for this sales order and, after picking has been completed successfully, post goods issue.

Creating a Returnable Packaging Pick-Up

Create a sales order using order type LA .

Enter the required data on the customer, the returnable packaging, and the plant to which the materials are to be returned.

Create a returns delivery for the sales order when the materials reach your company. The system proposes delivery type LR automatically. The transaction is completed by the goods issue posting which initiates a transfer posting from the customer's special stock to your plant stock.

Creating a Returnable Packaging Issue

Create a sales order using order type LN.

Enter the required data on the customer, the returnable packaging, and the plant from which the materials are to be taken.

Enter a delivery for the sales order and post goods issue.

Invoice the delivery.

Displaying Returnable Packaging Stock

To display the returnable packaging stock situation for several or one particular customer, proceed as follows:

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pankaj,

once u select the handling unit double click on this and enter plant &s.loc. and come back &select the line item &handling unit and pack them.now u come back & u can see the both materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

I work out on your solution but still my problem will not solve.

Plz give some solutions

Thx & Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As i understand you are referring to the problem of packaging item not automatically generating as a line item in Delivery document after packing. Following are some condition we should meet in order to happen. Please check if you these are done:

1. Item category determination of packaging material. Rememebr to use usage type "PACK" also for Item Cetgory Detrmination.

2. Determination of Delivering Plant for the packaging item, if not automtically, enetr manually and also have enough stock of packaging material.

3. Also check the field "Gen.Package Item" in delivery type document settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yes ur right, I referring to the problem of packaging item not automatically generating as a line item in Delivery document after packing.

I checked all the solution which u will given butmy problem will not solved.

Plz send some solutions on that.

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

If your Handling units are generated & you get the message "Material is Packed" then your material is packed. To view the same select the Line item and use Main MENU --> EDIT --> PACK. This will show the Packaging material.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya