Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi nedd some help on troubleshooting EDI /IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap sd gurus

i have 3 problems

1) during the outbound processing the idoc has status code 26.i know that idoc syntax error .u will fix that error and uwill reprocess using BD87, thing is that how u will FIX the idoc sytax error problem.after tell me how u will process.

2)during the inbound processing the idoc has status code 51.that is application document not posted. tell me how to fix and reprocess it .can anybody tell me the step by step process.

3) morever i would like to know how u will do configartion for edi outbound 855 and 856. i know tha if any customer send 850 it will creat a sales order in our sytem which we can see.same thing with invoice that ie 810. thing is tha i dont know if we configure the 855 and 856. (advance ship notice) .its going to be pop like a test mesaage r its going to create delivery document. iam confused with the 855 and 856. could plz clarify my problem.

points are rewarded.

thanks in anticipation

sam sd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samsd,

I will try to answer all of your questions:

1. Error 26, as you mentioned in your post, is a syntax error. To determine the cause of the syntax error, go to transaction WE02, and enter the IDOC number. Go into the Status Records and double-click the error. You will get help on where the status error is in the IDOC.

2. To correct a status code 51, you must use the procedure I described above to determine the cause of the error. You can then edit the IDOC in WE02 to correct the error. Then, use transaction BD87 to re-process the inbound IDOC.

3. An EDI 855 is an order response. It is sent by the vendor to the customer to confirm that an order was received. You would use an IDOC with message type ORDRSP. An EDI 856 is an advanced shipping notice, which is sent by the vendor to the customer before shipping an order. You would use a DESADV IDOC.

I hope this is helpful. Please reward points if it is.

Aaron