cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with this structure element in my query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied an existing query for a report that was based only on a specific fiscal period. My new query has a rolling 13 periods. I have most formulas working by adding an offset to my variable -1,-2, for each month I am going back. Up until now, each has done so dynamically (for the most part).

But one item in my new report is to use a complicated formula that defines net accounts receivable based on several rows in my query. All are working as expected accept for one. It is supposed to calculate number of days in the last two months based on the current month, but it is not offsetting. Each column, regardless of which month it pertains to, it using the same number of total days. I think it is called a "structure element", and I am not able to figure out where it was created, but I have a technical name. I don't know where these kinds of things get defined, please assist...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is defined in the cube, in Bex Report open the query you are talking about, and expand the key figures node and you should see two structure elements (Calculated Key figure and another one Restricted Key figure).

Hope that is it.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone to where you are talking about but don't see it...

In the rows of my query I have a formula called "Days Last 2 Months Current Year". When I go in to edit this element, in the edit formula screen under 'operands' I see this element under "structure elements", but cannot figure out how to locate it in the infocube to begin to figure out why it isn't responding to my offset variable. The rows of my query are contained in something called 2007 Data Element Rows Rordered, that when I click into edit it, I get the technical name of what appears to be a multicube...

There is also an element called days current month...

Will a correction to this probably require changes in the cube?

Message was edited by:

tasha martin