cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales when SO coming through EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the requirement, I have configured the settings related to Scale based pricing for a condition type in SD.

Since SOs are coming directly through EDI in the system, it is necessary to define a breakpoint in the EDI process: "that after reaching upto a certain quantity in the SO's first line item of a same customer, it should automatically enter the next quantity in the second line item of the same SO."

Then only the Scale rules would be applied correctly to the sales order.

EX: It is updating the quantity in the first line item of SO until the quantity reaches upto 1000 but from 1001 it should enter in the 2nd line item.

How would we configure the EDI process accordingly?

Thanks,

Juhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juhi - At this moment, I wouldn't say that this is something possible through functional configuration. I've worked a lot with IDOCs and specially orders. This requirement of yours, splitting item lines based on the EDI line item quantity can be achieved through ABAP development at one stage in the IDOC posting function module.

IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS. This function module. after having interpreted the IDOC segments and various data requirements, builds BDC data for sales order creation before calling VA01. You can probably achieve your objective by writing in a code in the customer exit EXIT_SAPLVEDA_002 that it calls everytime it builds a BDC data (header, item etc)...you can do the following:

If OK Code is SICH, i.e the sales order BDC data has been realized, you can run through the BDC internal table records and identify line item data. If the quantity of the line item data is more than your single line limit, you can append the same records for the line item adjusting the quantities appropriately. I wish I could write in a code, but I am a functional person, so really wouldn't make sense writing in a ABAP that I don't know :).....but I think, this is what could help you in achieving the requirement. NOW, This you can limit to specific customer (again code the IF condition) or have this run for all customers. FLAW : Every order would be subjected to this process if you use it in general....

The other way would be to have this handled in your EDI sub-system. Where they would create E1EDP01 segment and its internal segments appropriately on encountering an item with more than 1000 quantity. Wouldn't that be great !!!! That would eliminate the SAP coding requirements.

Thanks

Nikhil

Answers (0)