cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing of XML or XML type characters to Visual Composer Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It seems that passing XML or even just "<" or ">" into VC as part of a parameter value does not work.

i.e. Using

&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row myData="test"></Params>

passes "test" into "myData" fine, but using

&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row myData="<test"></Params>

&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row myData="<test"></Params> or

&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row myData="%3Ctest"></Params>

doesn't.

Anyone know how to get around this issue or whether this is supported at all (no notes exist on this issue)?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

seems to be the same problem with ampersand and other special character.

As a solution you must use a workaround, use as formula:

CHR(60) for <

CHR(62) for >

This should work for <Params>:

CHR(60) & "Params" & CHR(62)

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel but this really is not a work-around that I can implement in a easy-maintenance manner. For now; I'm using BSP instead and will recommend this be implemented using Web Dynpro in the end.

Possibly Visual Composer supports a HTTP post for this XML which could get around this. (Actually - I may just test this scenario).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Have you tried to URL encode this xml? This should work.

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Natty. Forgot to mention that I tried numerous standard encoding approaches (at least 2 anyway) with no luck. Wanted to make sure I only did standard approaches though to ensure supportability...

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I'll try doing it myself and debug it. I'll update you when I have something.

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I checked it. The reason is that the Flex code is unencoding the URL encoded parameter and then puts the value in an XML object and this fails because of the XML tags inside it. I will ask my colleagues from RT to have a look at it. I hope they can issue a fix for it in the next major Flex RT version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the investigation and clarification. This would be a great feature to have as the design of letting external app's call Visual Composer with an XML string and having the back-end process this is a very cool concept.

That said, if we can build an XML parser operating that can convert XML input into a structure automatically; that would really be a good VC feature for interoperability.

Regards,

Matt