Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I need to change the length of the data element for ztable for which i maintaining a maintainence view .i incremented the length of the field in domain and activated by using database utility .when iam supposed to enter entires in the view its is taking only previous length but not the incremened.pls let me know the solution its urgent.

Regards

Janapathi

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to recreate the table maintaince..

first delete the table maintaince and again recreate it.

now you should get it

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janapathi,

Delete the existing one and recreate afresh and try.

Hope this helps.

Please reward if useful.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can delete the existing table mainenance view and create a new one

Utilities--> table maintenance generator.

Press delete, and create a new one..

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janapathi,

When you create a table maintenance, it creates a view through which it allows you to update the table entries. so if u have changed the table attributes u now require to change the view attributes by recreating the table maintenance for the table.

Thanks,

Jiten

Former Member
0 Kudos

just you need to delete the existing one(what you create before) and recreate the new entry and maintain the table.

go for

Utilities -

> Table maintanance Generator

vasu...

0 Kudos

hey guys problem is solved.i went to view and deleted table maintanance there and created table maintemnace .now its working fine.

Thanks for you help

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi friend

you can change the length of the field. you no need to delete the table and recreate. Instead of the after changing the length activate and goto>utility>database maintanence .

click that and u will see the big button at the last that is adjust the table button click that. your table will automatically set to new length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Janapathi,

first modify yhe existing dateelement than GOTO SE14.

Give the ZTABLE name press the EDIT button.goto next screen

inthat screen there is option called ACTIVE and ADJUSTDATABASE.

once active that table automatically changes are reflected to particular table.

Thank's.

Patil