cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

higher level pricing and lower level inventory check for BOM possible ?

0 Kudos

Dear Members :

I have a situation where purchase requistion need to be generated automatically for lower level BOM components (finished goods) and pricing is applicable for only higher level of BOM. I tried with TAQ-TAE combination with sched line cat 'CS' attached to TAE. It's not working while in VA01, stating consumption account needed though I had those for GBB ?

Any clue is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if buy a PC(Non-Branded), billing will be done for each item which is knows subitem level pricing.

if itz Branded PC-billing will be for total PC-is main item level pricing.

Config:

i)- if itz for Branded PC- ( Main item level pricing)

u should create PC as main material with Item cat group-ERLA

Monitor,Mouse,key-as subitems with item cat group-NORM

CPU- Subitem consists of componenets ,so create CPU - as mainitem with item cat group-ERLA

Now Create components,like

RAM,

HDD

Mother BOard

Processor----

all components with item cat group-NORM

create BoM- CS01

a)- PC as mainitem ,

include Monitor,Mouse,key & CPU as subitems with respecitve qtty.

b)-Create BoM-CS01- CPU as mainitem

include

RAM,

HDD

Mother BOard

Processor -

as subitems with respecitve qtty.

maintain item cat determination:

OR+ERLA=TAQ----

Rel for delievery/pricing/billing & strucure scope should be-B- Explode multilevel BoM.

ORNORMTAQ=TAE---Not rel for billig/pricing & only delivery allowed without AC.

maintain the condition record for mainitem VK11-PC only.

stock will be reduced from main item from the inventory only .

maintain the stock for main item only

Similarly ,

in Non Branded PC's ,its Subitem level pricing

small changes, main item -item cat gruop will be LUMF.

PC(Non Branded)- LUMF

subitems -NORM

CPU-LUMF

OR+LUMF=TAP (rel for billing/del-to confirm the order qtty,as it has the control in structure scope-B-explode multi level Bom)

ORNORMTAP=TAN( rel for billing/pricing/del)

maintain the condition record for mainitem VK11-for all subitems.

stock will be reduced from sub item from the inventory only .

stock should maintain for all subitems

Use:

Sales BOM

A bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. A BOM for a bicycle, for example, consists of all the parts that make up the bicycle: the frame, the saddle, wheels, and so on.

Process Flow

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item. The individual components are displayed as lower-level items.

There are two ways to process a bill of materials in Sales. Once you have entered a bill of material in a sales order, the system runs pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at:

- Main item level if the material is assembled, or

- Component level if the material is not assembled

The type of processing used by the system is determined by the item category group that you enter in the material master record for relevant materials.

Processing at Main Item Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter ERLA in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

Processing at Component Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter LUMF in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

0 Kudos

Hi :

Thanks very much for your elaboration. But my question was not answered.

All I want to know is whether in SAP I can customize BOM-header (TAQ) JUST for pricing and BOM-items(TAE) JUST for inventory check, so that in VA01 while creating the sales order. automatic purchase requisition could be generated ONLY for BOM-items (which is why I attached CS to TAE; instead of default CT). It's giving me error while in VA01, stating - "Not possible to determine consumption account" - although the positng key for GBB has the GL accounts assigned in my system.

I would highly appreciate if you could properly understand my question or someone else might offer a solution.

Thanks

Atanu