cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with output in smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting some problem with the field list in smartforms. When i tried to drag and drop some fields its not allowing me drop in text editor. So i hard code some of the fields and some systems fields. But in ouput i am getting every thing like in the top its showing "Print Preview of page 001 of 007. Its showing all the Filed descriptions and every thing. But its displaying all the field values and system values as &wtab-vebln& &wtab-erdat& &wtab-ernam&

&wtab-vebln& &wtab-erdat& &wtab-ernam&

&wtab-vebln& &wtab-erdat& &wtab-ernam&

Untill end of loop for all pages. In the same way for each end of the page i am trying to print out &sy-pagno& but for evry page i am getting only the &sy-pagno& but not the page number.

When i debug the internal table itab is populated with the data.I dont know why the field list is not allowing me to drag and drop fields and when i hard code why i am getting output like that.

Some where i read that the we have to change in cofiguration of smartform in order to drag and drop is it right?

Suggest me how to correct this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben..

You cannot drag&Drop the Fields into Text Editor ..

You have to do this in Graphical PC Editor (This will be the default editor Generally)

Otherwise you have to use the Icons INSERT FIELD(+) DELETE FIELD ( - )

On the Toolbar above the PC Editor.

Remember your field should be displayed with Gray shade. then only the Value of the Symbol is displayed. Otherwise it will be displaying the Symbol name as it is.

For page no You have to use the System field of Smartforms &SFSY-PAGE&

not &sy-pagno&.

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply. But in some cases(i mean in some R/3 servers) we can drag and drop fields directly, with out manually adding the fields in the text editor in the way you described.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can add text using editor option. Also, u can use INSERT FIELD icon in the text editor window. It's better to use icon. When u click this, a pop-up-window will be displayed. Within ampersand symbol u have to give the variable name.

For eg: &SF-SYPAGNO& for getting page nos. U have to use SF in smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

First check wether you are in change mode or not. If you are in the change mode, double click on the text node, then under General Attributes > there is a Text Editor button on left top corner. Click on that and there you need to do the hard coding.

In smartforms for page the system filed is &SFSY-PAGE& , the system fields structure is SFSY

Hope this helps you.

Thank you,

Surya.