Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigational attribute

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

please some one explaine me what is the technical difference b/w navigational attribute and display attribute.

Thanks.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member209702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

For display attributes separate SIDs are generated.

Using navigation attributes has a slight impact on the performance

of data-loading processes and data-reading processes, compared to

when you use characteristics.

Navigational attributes behave as characteristic even though they are not included in dimention table.

Using navigational attributes, changes in the data do not require realignment of the fact table. An attribute can be marked as being display or navigational in the Attributes tab of the InfoObject.

Regards,

Geetanjali

"Points are welcome if this solves your problem.."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

You define charachteristics in more details using attributes.You use Nav Attr for defining queries for reporting . Display attributes can be shown in a report as a drill down but navigational steps are not possible for these . It means that you cannot set a filter on the display attributes (you cannot choose values from

a display attribute as a filter.), however in the case of nav attributes these are possible .

Thanks,

~Vj

Message was edited by:

Vijay Gopinath

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Please try to search the forum...this has been discussed many times.

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Gupta,

i checked forum, but i dont get the technical reason, like is it get Dim like characteristic..................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nav attribute is like dimension. The chars which are nav attribute will behave as though it is dimension. Display is only for displayu.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

check this thread

Sarhan.