cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMBE result different than MB5T

Former Member
0 Kudos

MMBE show an odd quantity (0.005) in Stock in Transit. MB5T, though, shows nothing for this plant/material combination.

Any idea what is causing this and which is correct?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frenchy, Good thought(s) - I'm still thinking about what your response and have begun testing in our dev system to see if I can repeat it.

Follow-up question - my customer wants to know a good way to locate these discrepancies (odd remainers of stock in transit). If MB5T doesn't show them, how can they be identified and resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert

If they are not in MB5T then you do not have discrepancies in Transit??

Is this actually what you mean

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will re-word the question when I have a chance. Would you mind sending an email address to robt_hollis at yahoo.com? I have one or two other questions that could easily be taken off line.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

MB5T is stock in Transit and it is put there by issuing a delivery based on a STO. Once this happens it will leave the supplying Plant and go to in transit which is why you can see it in MB5T. When a receipt takes place in the receiving plant against the STO or the outbound delivery attached to the STO the stock is taken from in transit. If (and I suspect this has happened) the qty you receive is not the total qty in transot then the balance will stay in transit and in MMBE for the supplying plant you will see nothing and in MMBE for the receiving plant you will see the qty you receipted and noy what is left in transit.

I suggest you do a goods receipt for the balance and then it will leave in transit and arrive in the receiving plant.

This is an old chectnut which causes so many problems with in transit. If the receivinh plant do not agree with what has been shipped and receive less or more that what is on the delivery then you will get issues in transit. The easiest way is to always receive what is on the delivery and then sort out any discrepancies by either getting bthe supplying plant to create a delivery for the 'extra' you received or creating a reverse STO to ficticiously send back what you did not receive. This will keep in transit in balance.

I hope I have not confused you but experience tells me this can become a very large problem if you do not catch it in time

I hope that this helps