cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

When creating a Position or Organization Unit in OM, there is a field for "Object ID" and "Object Abbre". When I tired creating a Position, the system prompted for an "Object ID" and I don't have one.

My question is, is this somehow generated by the system or do I need to create any? And if I need to create an Object ID, what is the <u>step by step</u> process since this is the first time for me.

I appreciate your help.

Faith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Object ID is one of the characteristics of the objects in OM module. The other characteristics are Status, Validity Date, Time Constraints etc.

Every object must be allocated an object ID. The object is identified by a combination of plan version, object type and object ID. Object IDs are numeric.

There are two types of number assignment: Internal assignment - the system automatically allocates the object an object ID from the corresponding number range, External assignment - the user enters the object ID.

You maintain number ranges for object IDs in Customizing. Number ranges for internal number assignment are indicated by the letters “IN”. Number ranges for external number assignment are indicated by the letters “EX”“.

Reward points appreciated,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the speedy response. I'll try it out now and will let you know the result.

Thanks again,

Faith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. It works!

I appreciate your speedy response and have a great day:)

Faith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, hope all is well with you.

I need your assistance once more per the above.

This morning, I tried creating an Organizational Unit from Maintain Object screen. When I selected the date needed (25.08.2007), it took me to the Essential relationship Relationships screen which is fine.

Now, in the Essential relationship Relationships screen, you have the Organizaional unit, Planning Status and Validity fields. Each time I select the above date (25.08.2007) in the validty column, it brings up this error: DATA FIELDS HAVE NOT BEEN FILLED. And after the error, it won't let me proceed. I have logged off and back again trying to see if I made any mistake but can't find any.

Can you please help me out and let me know what am doing wrong? I didn't get this error the first time I tried it.

I really appreciate your response.

Faith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Make sure the object that ur trying to link exists from that date ( 25.08.2007).. So for that reason maintain uniformity of start and end dates while creating an object .. say 01.01.2006.. or something like that for all the objects..

manu

Answers (0)