cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data server ODBC issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have an issue with a ODBC data server connection which I created. What happens is that if I try to edit the config settings, save or delete anything with this ODBC connection it actually alters a completely different data server connection. Has anyone ever seen this?

When the "Show Only Enabled Servers" is unchecked, the server connection that I created, (Name: 'SAPDB1PRD' Description: 'Default ODBC Database') has config settings of the first server name on the list which is "Aggregate Connector"

Now, if I attempt to delete 'SAPDB1PRD' because it is wrong, it will somehow end up deleting the "Aggregate Connector" server which happens to be the first server on the top of the list.

When the "Show Only Enabled Servers" is checked, the server connection that I created, (Name: 'SAPDB1PRD' Description: 'Default ODBC Database') has config settings of the first server name on the list which is "Fastpic" Fastpic is a SQL connection I previously made.

If I attempt to delete 'SAPDB1PRD' because it is wrong, it will somehow end up deleting the "Fastpic" server which happens to be the first server on the top of the list.

Pretty much what is happening is that when I checkbox in and out of "Show Only Enabled Servers" , the config for the SAPBD1PRD data server connection changes to whatever server name is first on the list, and neither of them is how I originally had them set up.

Is this a bug in which I simply need a patch for?

Any info will help

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never experienced this!Are you on 11.5 SR3 already?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, 11.5.1 b54 is all I can find.

Thanks

Mike

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

11.5.1 b54 is SR1. 11.5.3 b66 is SR3

Regards,

Jamie