cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the back end connections failed Suddenly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange problem. All the back end connection have suddenly failed. I have tested all my system objects before they were successfull. Suddenly everything is failing now???? What could be the reason and how to rectify it?

<b>Very Urgent .....</b>

Cheers,

*RAJ*

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

verify the state of your SLD.

If the SLD is down, all jco's are down.

Brad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yeap the prolem was with the no of connections. We resolved it by setting CPIC_MAX_CONV to 500 and restarted the portal server. Points allocated.

Cheers,

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am having same issue... CPIC_MAX_CONV to 500 should be set in backend server or portal server ...They both reside on diff. hosts. After the setting set should the portal be restart or backend only...

I am assuming on backend because the error is hittig the gateway on backend...

URGENT!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the following error

com.sapportals.connector.connection.ConnectionFailedExceptionoccured:Linked Exception: Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Failed to get connection. Please contact your admin. Linked Exception: Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Physical connection was not initialized. Linked Exception: Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Failed in creating the JCO Connection. ->Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=192.168.88.24 SYSNR=24 GWHOST=192.168.88.24 GWSERV=sapgw24 PCS=1 LOCATION <b>CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded TIME </b> Mon Aug 20 23:07:56 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT CPIC (TCP/IP) with Unicode VERSION 3 RC 466 MODULE r3cpic.c LINE 10713 COUNTER 5

How to resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think Portal is not able to communicate with your backend system. It could also be because of too many connections being made to the backend resulting into timeout. I am not sure if its feasible for you but can u just try restarting ur portal system and if possible the backend?

Thanks and Regards

Nidhi