Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Partner Functions

I need to understand partner functions - i thought it was a simple area, but need to get my head around this.

Can anyone tell me - if i have a customer

1. How many ship to's can be linked to one customer?

2. How many sold to's can be linked to a customer?

3. How man bill to's can be linked to a customer?

4. How many payers can be linked to a customer?

Ok and is there a limit between them e.g. can there only be for example 2 payers to every bill to? What are the variation limits ?

Or am I getting this all wrong?

Is a customer the same as a sold too?

Please clarify, you experts deserve a medal!

Former Member
Former Member replied

<b>1. How many ship to's can be linked to one customer?</b>

A customer can have multiple ship to parties, there is no limit to it. Take the example of Wal-Mart whose head office places and order and goods are delivered to multiplt Wal-Mart locations (Ship to Party's) thru out U.S.A.

<b>2. How many sold to party's can be linked to a customer?</b>

A Customer by default is a sold to Party. So the Head Office of the Walmart is the sole sold to Party thats represents it.

<b>3. How man bill to's can be linked to a customer?</b>

As many as you can, all the outlets can each be a bill to party for the Wal-Mart of the head office can be also a Bill to Party, which can be billed for all the outlets and gets a combined invoice..

<b>4. How many payers can be linked to a customer?</b>

As many as you can, all the outlets can each be a Payer for the Wal-Mart of the head office can be also a Payer, who pays for all the outlets in a single payment.

<b>e.g. can there only be for example 2 payers to every bill to? What are the variation limits ?</b>

Each Bill to Party can have multiple payers and settings are to be done in the Partner Determination Procedure.

<b>Is a customer the same as a sold too?</b>

Each customer is a sold to party, but they can also be one time customers which can also be created.

Hope I was able to clear your doubt in a proper way.

Regards

AK

Reward points if helpful

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question