cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to understand partner functions - i thought it was a simple area, but need to get my head around this.

Can anyone tell me - if i have a customer

1. How many ship to's can be linked to one customer?

2. How many sold to's can be linked to a customer?

3. How man bill to's can be linked to a customer?

4. How many payers can be linked to a customer?

Ok and is there a limit between them e.g. can there only be for example 2 payers to every bill to? What are the variation limits ?

Or am I getting this all wrong?

Is a customer the same as a sold too?

Please clarify, you experts deserve a medal!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1. How many ship to's can be linked to one customer?</b>

A customer can have multiple ship to parties, there is no limit to it. Take the example of Wal-Mart whose head office places and order and goods are delivered to multiplt Wal-Mart locations (Ship to Party's) thru out U.S.A.

<b>2. How many sold to party's can be linked to a customer?</b>

A Customer by default is a sold to Party. So the Head Office of the Walmart is the sole sold to Party thats represents it.

<b>3. How man bill to's can be linked to a customer?</b>

As many as you can, all the outlets can each be a bill to party for the Wal-Mart of the head office can be also a Bill to Party, which can be billed for all the outlets and gets a combined invoice..

<b>4. How many payers can be linked to a customer?</b>

As many as you can, all the outlets can each be a Payer for the Wal-Mart of the head office can be also a Payer, who pays for all the outlets in a single payment.

<b>e.g. can there only be for example 2 payers to every bill to? What are the variation limits ?</b>

Each Bill to Party can have multiple payers and settings are to be done in the Partner Determination Procedure.

<b>Is a customer the same as a sold too?</b>

Each customer is a sold to party, but they can also be one time customers which can also be created.

Hope I was able to clear your doubt in a proper way.

Regards

AK

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayub's reply is right on, but I will add it is possible to have a partner function above Sold-to, which would make it possible for one customer to have multiple-sold-to's. Generally speaking though, when people talk about "customers" they are talking sold-to's.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. you can add n No of ship to party to one sold to party

2. Should be only one sold to at a time

3. N no of bill to party

4. N payers

Please understand at the time of order you can enter either sold to or ship to and system will pop up regarding partners automaticaly so normaly one sold to party with one ship to party but many ship to with one sold to , Sold to meens the persion/ customer who place the sales order it should be one and it will be easy at the time of MIS reports

Pls rewards point if helpfull

Rg Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

For a Customer in real time we would have to create a minimum of four partner function in SAP as explained below.

Sold to Party - Places an order

Ship to Party - Receives goods or services

Bill to Party - Receives the invoice document for the goods or services

Payer - is responsible for paying the invoice amount

You would assign a Ship to Party, Bill to Party and Payer to a Sold to Party and there is no limitations for this.

For one customer you would have to create only one Sold to Party and could be any number of the remaining partners as required.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb