cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO: determination of storage location for empties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD experts,

Case: plant A delivers materials to plant B (interplant delivery). This delivery is posted GR through TC MIGO (based on delivery). Now, the issue is that SAP is not able to automatically determine the storage location for the empties (crates and crate containers). Can ayone tell me how we can let SAP do this automatically?

Currently, we use WM for all finished products (storage location 0100). Empties are however not WM managed (storage location 0110). Empties are calculated and added in the delivery (user exit MV50AFZ1); not in the sales order.

All replies are highly appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,

Wander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- If storage location for picking is not specified in the order item, the system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item. Otherwise, the storage location entered in the order item is used in the outbound delivery.

- The system determines the picking location based on a rule defined in the delivery type. The following rules are shipped in the standard system:

- MALA: The picking location is determined based on the shipping point, the delivering plant, and the storage condition for the material as defined in the material master.

- RETA and MARE: These rules are mainly used in trade scenarios.

- You can also use the customer exit in SAP enhancement V02V0002 to implement storage location determination.

- The picking location search is activated for each delivery item category.

<b>Reward if helpful.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatish,

thanks for your reply but I still need an answer on the following: how can the system determine the correct storage location for empties in MIGO? The problem is that when posting GR a delivery containing FERT and LEER materials, the storage location for FERT materials is correctly determined but for LEER materials storage location remains empty.

We use MALA for storage location determination in the delivery. In the delivery, storage location determination works well, both for FERT and LEER materials.

I really hope you have solution for this issue. Thanks!

Kind regards,

wander

Answers (0)