Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDIX Adapter and Alert Framework

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would anybody know whether the CIDX adapter is integrated with the Alert framework and generates alerts when messages go wrong when being delivered or being received ?

I had a look in our system (XI SP 11) and we have an alert category RNIF but I don't seem to seen any CIDX category or any RNIF alerts being generated ...

I would have expected that the adapter does generate alerts when for example outgoing CIDX messages are confirmed by a partner with an RAE message ...

Anyone any experiences or thoughts ?

Regards,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I suppose the RNIF category is only some kind of test from SAP as we also have it in our system and we don't use RNIF so far. Regarding your question, as the RNIF Adapter is built on basis of the Adapter Framework it should provide alerts in case of any mishappens. However to have Alerts created you do not only need an alert category but also an Alert rule to be created on tab Alert Configuration of RWB.

To have Alerts created for the Adapter Framework you can choose at the "Where did the error occur?" section the Adapter Engine.

For further information on how to configure the Alert Framework in an XI context is available here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

Best regards

Christine

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I follow you completely ... but I guess it is no use creating alert rules when there is no default alert category available for the CIDX adapter or the overall adapter framework ...

That would more or less lead to the conclusion of the other posting that it is simply not (yet) supported by SAP.

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

maybe i was not clear enough with my above statement: there is no such thing like a default alert category for XI alerts. All Alert Catgegories need to be created by you (it's customizing...) and then for each category the according Alert Rules.

For creating Alerts from Adapter Framework the preparations arr there since SP10 or so and as mentioned above it should work sooner or later with the Adapter Framework.

Where it already works is the CCMS there you can already get (different) Alerts for errors in Adapters.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Not worked with CIDX but I Hope this info helps

XI Alert framework does not support adapter errors & it is expected in SP14.

see also,

subject "Alerts not getting triggered from Adapter Framework"

Regards

Vishnu

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for the info and link to the related webblog ...

It is just so lame that this is not yet supported ... who wants to go live into production with exchange of business-critical XML messages when they cannot be monitored properly ????

I guess your idea about modules is a possible work around but that would mean you can access the committed (!!!) status info right after the actual module execution ...

If I recall well from documentation I somewhere read that the SAP standard modules always need to be last ... if that is true then how would you manage that ?

Regards,

steven