cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

I must to use the Transaction LSMW to upload materials and I'm don't know too much how to use it and how to check if I'm doing correctly the upload because now I'm testing and playing a little bit with this transaction and it is a little bit different the final than the form to upload the vendors or customers, the last step (run the batch input).

If somebody knows how to use it or has some examples, please, can you send me?

thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my problem is that to upload the materials I know that I must to fill an Excel document and after convert this document to a .txt document to upload the data of the materials. I have one document to do it but this is not working correctly because several errors appears when I do the last step, the errors are when the program are filling the fields of the WERKS...and the method that I have to do the upload correctly is changing every time the Excel and trying if the filled of the fields are correctly.

I think that if somebody has an Excel document to try it the materials upload I could do it.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had same problem with fixed assets transfer trough LSMW, i.e. in the last step were errors and I had no idea where errors actually occur. So then I tried upload my .txt file and run it in foreground mode. An I found where the errors actually happened and I corrected .txt file respectively. So just choose check <i>Test Run without DB update</i> and <i>Transaction in foreground</i> in step <i>Create Batch Input Session</i>, then you will see where the process will stop and see what error or warning message will be.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam explaining from batch input session... it is the same as u do for customer master.

Select the line & click process.

There will b a pop up window.

then click background....

depending on the number of records... it will take some time & the job will be done,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thank you Pravinitha and Marius.

Finally I solved the problem. This was that one field wasn't correctly linked to the excel document and the structure BMMH2 was not linked to the table of the material master table.

Thank you everybody.