cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Vendor Invoice - SAP T.Code FB60

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have received an invoice from vendor for supplies and we do not have a purchase order for this invoice. We proceed to account through SAP T.Code FB60.

The vendor should have charged sales tax but has not. While accounting the invoice we want to record accrual for self assessed use tax.

The system calculates the tax but assumes the invoice value is inclusive of use tax. But we know that the price is exclusive of tax and hence we need to make an additional accrual for sales tax and debit the supplies expense account.

Can this be done? Is this how other SAP run business record this transaction?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be because of the setting for your sales/use tax. You can do a use tax accural using the tcode fbs1 for that period.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will give an example to make my query more clear.

Vendor invoice 5000, Rate of tax 7% , Entry psoted by system:

Dr Expenses for supplies a/c 4,672.90

Dr Sales Tax Payable a/c 327.10

Cr Vendor a/c 5,000.00

Entry required:

Dr Expesnes for Supplies a/c 5350

Cr Vendor a/c 5000

Cr Sales Tax Payable a/c 350

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the invocie enter 5000 in the header and same in the expense item, use self assessment tax code and check calcualte tax , u will get the required posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using U1 (A/P Use Tax, taxable, Self-assessment) and I did exactly the same as you said still the entry assumes 5,000 includes tax. But I need an entry 5000 plus tax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are u not able to see the tax line items in the dcument, whatever amnt u inout in the header that should not change and always goes on the vendor item regardless if there is tax or not. I am not sure if you tax code settings are correct or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

You can manually adjust the final amount. Dont enable the calculate tax tick box.

thanks

Ashok

Assign points for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware of Manual option but this is not the requirement.

Any how thanks for looking into this issue.