cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting multiple CVCs in APO 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need to delete multiple CVCs from APO (over 1000). Using /SAPAPO/MC62 in APO 3.1, it is only possible to delete these one by one.

Is there any way to load a large seletion into /SAPAPO/MC62 and delete? If not, is it possible to run the delete option of /SAPAPO/MC62 as part of a Z program that could loop on an internal table that contains these values?

Is there any option other than completely deleting the values of our POS then rebuilding from a cube?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had similar situation, something like deleting Unnecessary CVC's.

I created a Zprogram to delete CVC's, same as deletion option in /SAPAPO/MC62 . I displayed a ALV where user can choose CVC's which he wants to delete..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In APO 3.0 you will require to develop Z program to delete the CVCs as per the selection on the mass scale.

As per your requirement you can develop the program to delete the CVCs as with the multiple selection, Using ALV list or using flat file.

If you wnat to give the authorisation to user to delete it on mass scale then develop a program selection screen where user can enter the selection as per the requirement.

In SCM 4.1 onward Multiple CVC deletion is a part of the /SAPAPO/MC62 transaction.

If you get access of SCM 4.1 /SAPAPO/MC62 study the logic of it and develop your own program accordingly.

Most of the Client develop new program to delete the CVCs as per there own busisness logic.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

/n/sapapo/mc62 ->"Delete from a combination List"?

or

Directly from the respective POS. If you delete the CVC in that way don't forget to Adjust the Time Series.

Message was edited by:

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont think "deleting from a list" option was/is there in 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember having similar issues

automated the process and did use the option you dont want which is deleting all the values. I did not use the Cube to rebuild though. I used a secondary planning area

unfortunately i dont have a 3.1 system to tell you the exact details

but the process is as follows

1. backup data from primary planning area to secondary planning area using TSCOPY (the data in the POS is similar to the primary one) - you can also use a backup cube if you have one already

2. delete all the CVCs in primary POS - this can be done by program /SAPAPO/CHARCOMB_GENERATE(i dont remember the name exactly but am sure *generate and F4 will get you that). there is a check box here which will delete all CVCs and can be saved as a variant

3. Regenerate CVCs for primary POS from the relevant Cube

4. Load data from Cube and/or Secondary Planning Area (or backup cube) for only the relevant CVCs (the rest wont load anyhow) using TSCUBE or TSCOPY

all this can be automated in one job