cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Workbooks from 3.5 to 7.0 - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , New to BW and New to this forum.

Having a problem migrating workbooks from 3.5 to 7.0 , when I run the workbook in 3.5, and select a Characteristic to drill down on, the cell on the workbook , becomes shaded to indicate that it has been drilled on.

When I run the 7.0 version, the drilldown does work, but the cell to indicate the fact stays unshaded.

Any ideas please ?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you are using new BI7.0 GUI......If it's OK to convert the BW3.X query into BI7.0 query....save and then execute it.

Good luck, BB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BB,

If I covert the query instead of converting the 3.5 workbook, then I don't get the Navigation panel, which means the user still cant see which Characteristics have been drilled down on.

Regards...Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

One possible option is to ignore our version 3.5 workbooks enirely and open the queries in to the default SAP version 7 template. However, the major limitation of this is that it fails to indicate the selection parameters (variables) used when running the query, and without this information the results of the query are next to meaningless - unless a user knows what dates/countries etc the report was run for, how can they understand the information. So, my follow-on question is whether anyone knows how to modify the SAP template to achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get anywhere with this, Steve?

Patrick