cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administration differences between an As Java system and an As ABAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm not that familiar with SAP systems that are As Java based only, so apologies in advance if I ask real stupid questions here!!

Can someone please explain how one logs onto an As Java only system?... ie without the ABAP stack does one still use the SAP logon pad or am I getting confused here totally???

Also how does one do transports in an As Java system?

If you could send me a document that explains the main differences between an As ABAP system and an As Java system, particularly the differences in administrating these systems that would be very useful. My email address is amicus457@hotmail.com.

Many thanks

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need SAP logon to login to Java system.

It is as good as logging onto any normal machine.You can login with the IP of the machine.

Any Java Instance ,Folder structure will be like

c:\usr\sap\SID\JCxx\j2ee\cluster.........

Main components are,

Server,dipatcher and SDM.

Dispatcher is a request handler.

Server is similar to work process in ABAP system.

SDM is used for deployment.

Message server does the synchronisation and activity.

Enqueue server takes care of Locking mechanism.

You can go thorugh ADM 200 manual,which is mainly about J2ee system administration.

It tells about Java system architecture,work flow ,logs and monitoring.

All your questions will be answere there.

reward points if helpful.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for your help.

Usha do you have a copy of ADM 200 in PDF format that you can email me?

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please explain how one logs onto an As Java only system?.

You can login through browser, use NetWeaver Administrator for most of your activities. There is also Visual Administrator/ Config tool etc these have seperate GUIs.

It would not be easy to list out the options but i suggest you read understand info from help regarding the details below so that you can administer Java servers:

Visual Administrator

NetWeaver Administrator

Config tool.

SDM

With the knowledge of the tools above you can start of administrating Java servers.

Also how does one do transports in an As Java system?

You install Portal on Java server and then do transports. You should be having a system administration role.

Please do a search in help.sap.com and you will find loads of data on WEBAS Java administration.

Thanks & regards,

Vijith