Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to Start With Digital Signature

Hi Wolfgang,

I open this thread in reference of the discuss in thread

Logon Failed using SSL Client Certificate

I copy the text:

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your quick response...

I don't have very clear what I want to use or which is the best way...I'm still in researching stage...:-) and customer hasn't allready specified what he wants...

We want to research and learn as many as we can to offer to customer the best alternative...

All I know is that customer would need:

- Single sign-on to the system, including SAP systems and Portal

- Digital signing documents.

They work with a local CA called Izenpe (www.izenpe.com) and they give you a SmartCard with your key...

I've found program SSFSDEMO and it works ok: it calls 'izenpe's libraries and sign the document ok. But I find the problem that the moment I call SSFS_CALL_CONTROL function I lose program control... I would prefer customize SAP using SIGNO,SIGNA, ELSIG00, ELSIG01...transactions to allow SAP user to sign or not, but sign with my certificate...

I don't have any external security product to configure...as far as I know customer is against paying for an any other product...

I've tried to sign using SSF* functions but as I've read it only runs to sign in WAS, is it true? it is not possible to sign in local? I allways get signature with server certificate, but not with my own certificate... :-((

What do you think? How do I start? Which is the best way?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question