cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement from network to WBS-elemen of planned costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't find any transaction to support the settlement of planned costs from network to WBS-element. The only transaction I found was the settlement of planned costs from WBS-element to WBS-element.

Is there any solution to make it possible to settle the planned costs from the network to a WBS-element? We need this functionality to support the quotation of a multi sponsored service management process. Costs are planned at network level and have to be distributed to several WBS-elements that will be used for generation a quotation (using dip). The settlement using a distribution key is necessary for the distribution of the planned costs.

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I close the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all repliers,

Thanks for you replies. I got a note from SAP that there is a special development available to settle plan costs of networks. However the use of this development will not be supported.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please the name of the special development available to settle plan costs of networks?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

First settle plan cost from network to Internal order. From Internal order settle to WBS elements by %distribution. Reciever for network settlement profile will be Order and for Internal order settlement profile will be WBS element.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

The issue is that settlement of planned costs of a network is not possible, so another process based on this will als not work.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Yes, I need the planned costs from the network to the assigned WBS-element via settlement.

The aim is to develop a multi-sponsor project scenario. The next step in this scenario is to to settle the planned costs of the assigned WBS-element to different WBS-elements (representing different customers) using a distribution key. Finaly I create quotations for these customers using the DIP functionality and the planned costs on the different WBS-elements. All but the first step is working. The settlement of planned costs to an assigned WBS-element seems not to be supported by SAP.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

No reactions????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

<b>There is nothing in SAP called settlement of planned cost.</b>

I understood your scenario completely but what is the use of a distribution key in settlement??

The real solution to your scenario can be:

1. Use actvity assigned networks, so that the planned cost of the activities go to the corresponding WBSE to which they are assigned & not to the networks.

2. Then use the DIP for the individual WBSE & create quotations.

please revert back with doubts if any.

regards

Sunil Kar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The reason of the distribution is as follows:

We have 1 project with several activities that create costs. The costs will be billed to several sponsors according to a agreed distribution.

The solution what you are describing was our first intention to do. This is working already. The drawback of this is that we have to make different plans (for each sponsor 1), while actually it is 1 plan. So we where looking if we could do the cost distribution automatically. Also there was a requirement of the finance department to have also planned costs available in COPA. All this together lead to the scenario described in the beginning.

Thanks for your respons.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paul,

I dont see any need not to follow the set process.

Infact i dint ustand the concern.

But as far as seeing the planned values in COPA are concerned i think kthere can be some other work around but not settlement. I can confirm by tomorrow how we cabn see the planned values in COPA.

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I understand that it is very hard to understand requirements if you don't have all background information.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an SAP note 113629 which talks about settlement of planned cost from wbs/orders to CO-PA.

The prerequisite is that the settlement rule is PRE. In network to wbs , we assign/generate a settlement rule FUL. This means settlement of planned cost from network to wbs is not supported.

Extract of note 113629

Plan settlement as of Release 4.5:

The following is valid for the plan settlement as of Release 4.5:

1. Only versions which are plan-integrated with Cost Center Accounting are settled in the plan settlement.

2. Only internal orders and WBS elements which have the 'Integrated planning' indicator in the master record are settled in the plan settlement. Both sender with and without revenues are settled.

3. Possible receivers are cost centers, business processes, PA objects, plan-integrated internal orders and plan-integrated WBS elements.

4. Only settlement rules with PER or VOR are possible.

5. Plan settlement with amounts is still not possible.

6. If the sender has a results analysis key, the plan results analysis data is settled.

In addition, as of Release 4.5, there is a plan data transfer to profitability segments (Transactions CJ7E and CJ7G) for non-plan-integrated WBS elements. For these senders, versions which are not plan-integrated with Cost Center Accounting can be transferred to Profitability Analysis. Other receivers are not allowed. The sender has to have a PER-rule with receiver PA object and a results analysis key. The plan results analysis data is then transferred to Profitability Analysis. No CO document but merely a CO-PA document is written.

Thanks,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

An entirely different way to solve your split billing requirement which I have done a couple times is this:

In RRB enhancement, create a custom independent characteristic of zzvbeln which will equal the sales document number used for processing RRB. Then create a sales document with line item assigned to the WBS element and DIP profile for each sponsor. Use condition records or other mechanism to determine the percentage split amongst the funders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible if the network is of header assigned one.

For this, 'ActvtyAcctAsgn' in OPUV (Network Type Parameters) to be unchecked.

By using the same network type in your Project Profile, You can maintain settlement rule in your network header.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The preconditions are clear to me. However I want to know if settlement is possible for planned cost at the network and what transaction I have to use.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.