cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Mobile Client on my machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install MSA on my machine but i am unable to do so . I have got following installed on my machine

JRE Version - j2re1.4.2_09

JSDK Version - j2sdk1.4.2_09

SQL Server 2005 with TCP/IP protocol enabled on it .

MSA Version -- CRM 5.0 SP07

Now if i try to install the Mobile Client on my machine, it installs all the related tools like Client Console, Conntrans, IPC ,Support Centre, but does not install MSA or MSV .

I was able to install the MSA earlier on the same machine, but when i am trying to uninstall and reinstall its not working .

I tried removing relevant registry entries , uninstalling SQL Server and reinstalling it . Couple of restart of the machine between this , but it does not seems to work .

Please someone let me know if you have faced this problem and a solution for the same

Regards

Hemant Gujrati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

niranjanraju
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

It could be possible that not all the registry entries are removed. Please try the following:

1. Take a backup of your registry in case we need it later

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. You will see many keys with product guids as names.

3. Scroll through each one of them to see if any key has a value as MSA or MSV. If yes, then delete this key.

4. Now try to run the installation of SAP CRM Mobile Client. This time, the setup should run fine.

Hope this helps.

Niranjan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_goenka
Explorer
0 Kudos

CRM 5.0 doesn't support SQL 2005, so, downgrade ur MS SQL to MS SQL 2000, downgrade ur .Net framework to 1.1 and also downgrade your JRE to JRE 1.4.2_09. Then try re installing Mobile Client..

Regards,

Anand

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

The points you mention above are version dependent.

As of MSA <b>5.0SP09</b>, <b>MSA supports SQL Server 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0</b>. Any previous SPs would require the downgrades you mention above.

Best Regards,

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you installing now - Mobile Repository or Mobile Client?

Workgroup, Standard or Demo version ?

Regards,

V.