Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transfer rule producing unexpected results (ABAP issue?)

Hi,

We are having an issue with one of our flat file loads that I think is related to some ABAP code in a transfer rule. I was hoping someone might understand why it is happening and how to fix it.

The incoming field is a 15 position character field with an ALPHA conversion exit applied. The transfer rule is trying to take a substring out of the incoming data and assign that substring to a 9 position character infoobject. Records are being marked as incorrect in the PSA with messages such as: 'InfoObject /BIC/BSNSN does not contain alpa-conforming value 1'. The long text of the error reads as follows:

The system checked whether the loaded InfoObject value conforms to the   
conversion exit.The check failed.                                                                                
For example:                                                                                
The value '1' was loaded into an InfoObject with alpha exit, even though 
the value '0000000001' was expected."

An example of the problem occurred with an incoming data value of '3 00675 03807 1'.

The transfer rule reads as follows:

IF strlen( TRAN_STRUCTURE-/BIC/BNSN_LMR ) eq 15.

RESULT = TRAN_STRUCTURE-/BIC/BNSN_LMR+4(9).
  ENDIF.

I think this is supposed to be returning a substring from BNSN_LMR consisting of 9 characters beginning with the 5th position in the field. So, for our example data, the resulting value would be '675 03807', right? Why, then, is the transfer rule returning a result of '1'?

I've noticed this pops up whenever the incoming value contains blanks (spaces). Are the blanks in the value producing this problem?

Thanks!

Bob

Former Member replied

Hi,

first check wether the conversion routine routine (ALPHA) is enabled in your transfer rules. In the left pane, scroll right on your IObj rule and enable the checkbox on the routine option.

Simulate your update again and see if you get the expected result.

Let us know

hope this helps...

Olivier.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question