Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Aborted Error in NW 2004s SP 9 Sneak preview Java Edition

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Installed the Sneak Preview 2004s SP9 java Edition.

I have started the server and when i logged into Portal, the master passord "abcd1234" which i supplied was expired and i was asked to enter new password.

Done the same and able to login to portal.

When i did a sample program in the SP9 IDE and try to deply the application, It was not at all asking the SDM passord and given the error message,

Deployment Aborted. can not determine the sdm host(is empty). Please configure the SDM/J2EE engine and try .....

I have entered the Message server host and Port of the J2EE Engine under, Windows>Preferences> J2EE Engine...

Also i was able to login to portal using the id Administrator and not with admin.

With admin, is says user authentication failed...

I am able to deploy the PAR files into the portal using the user id ,"Administrator"

What went wrong with J2EE Engine...

Any help is really Appreciated...

Regards,

Urmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Urmila,

Just create a new user after logging to the portal and assign him roles of super user, then change the password of administrator user as the old one i.e.("abcd1234")...and also you can change the SDM password as stated above but i think no need to change that one as if at the time of installation of sneak preview, you entered the same password for SDM. so just try as below.

User :-Administrator

Pwd :- abcd1234

SDM password :- abcd1234. (For Deploy the application.)

I hope this will work. if not then just check your NWDS IDE (SP09) settings, after closing and reopening the IDE.

Thanks

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Urmi,

I would request you to change the Administrator's password in Visual Admin.

To do so, login to Visual Admin using the administrator password.

Under Global Configuration > Cluster > Server > Services > Security Provider > User Management Tab > Administrators Tree > Administrator, change the password and check <b>No Password change required</b>. You can do the above changes only in edit mode. Save and close the visual admin.

Open your NWDS and deploy your project. It will ask for the password. Give the new password and complete the deployment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urmi,

It may be due to change is administrative password.

Kindly go through these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/0edf3d0eb8af5ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/thread/43678 [original link is broken]

/thread/258605 [original link is broken]

Regards

Pratyush