cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpm - correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can i have the example scenario in which <b>we are sending many messages and getting the response on the basis of some specific id</b>. i have to use correlation here in ccBPM . how to apply correlation .

can anyone give me the example .

thanx

HONEY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Honey,

Go thru this blog to understand about correlations.

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi Correlation in XI</a> by Sravya Talanki

<b>Correlation</b>

We use a correlation to assign messages that belong together to the same process instance. A correlation joins messages that have the same value for one or more XML elements. A correlation is therefore a loose coupling of messages: at design time, it enables you to define which message a receive step must wait for, without knowing the message ID.

<b>Correlating Objects:</b>

A correlation enables you to identify objects that belong together, for example, a quotation and the relevant sales order. This involves correlating the objects by using one or more common elements, for example, the quotation number. When you define a Workflow, you can specify the object that the Workflow must wait for, without having to enter the ID of the object.

Regards

Santhosh

<a href=" to set the thread to solved when you have received a solution</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

thanx for answer, can i have any example on correlation which is similar of my case.

thanx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose ur scenario involves many HTTP senders. The xml messaged from different vendors using different HTTP clients are collected in XI. The messages with vendor_status flag = 1 should only fetch the data from RFC receiver.

Here correlation would be using the vendor_status field. The scenario would be sync HTTP <-> RFC using BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose its near to your requirment have a look.

Mulitcast:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>