cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare part indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please help me with a suggestion related to the subject below?

In the engineering BOM (from which I copy the production BOM) in the view tab Status/Lng Text, the Spare part indicator is completed with the status of the component.

After creating production BOM from engineering BOM (using transaction CS01 - copy from E-BOM) this info doesn't appear any more.

Could you please explain, why?

Thanks a lot,

Edith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

In OS20, For BOM usage 1 (Production) - Spare Entry may be optional.

Spare Parts means a material used to replace a defective part.

This material may or may not be kept in stock.

Spare parts are not restored to working condition. Spare parts can be entered in maintenance BOMs.

If useful Reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

related to the issue described here, I created first of all a Maintenance BOM (I copied it from Engineering BOM), and after then I copied the Maintenance BOM into a Production BOM. In this case it appears also the spare part indicator in the P-BOM.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Edith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cetalin,

while you copy, choose all component and then go to item level and also make sure you copy item level information also copied

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I tried to copy again an E-BOM into a P-BOM with transaction CS01.

When I select an item in order to be copied, I don't have the possibility to select the desired views for that item:

Basic Data

Status/Long Text

Customer fields

Administr.

Document Assign.

I can only select the item and press the button "copy". And after the item was copied, and I double-click on it, this new item will not contain any more the information referring to the Spare Part indicator, even if in the Engineering BOM this indicator contained a certain value (it was not empty).

Thanks,

Edith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cetalin,

I have tried it and it copied all items and spare part indicator also.

make sure while you select , choose all line items

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

I tried it and in my case the information from the Spare part indicator field will not be copied from E-BOM --> to P-BOM.

I select the line which needs to be copied and I press the button "Copy". I have no other possibility to make other selections...

After copying, the field Spare Parts indicator also appears in the P-BOM obtained (in tab Status/Long text), but it will become empty. --> in E-BOM it contained a certain information, but in P-BOM (after the copy process) this field is empty.

Maybe it's related to the SAP version used? Could you tell me please, which SAP version do you use?

Thank you very much,

Edith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

I have checked in 4.6C and ECC6 in both version it is working

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

I would like to send you some example with some print screens, maybe I am doing wrongly something. Could I send you somehow? (by e-mail, for example).

Thanks,

Edith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

give me your mail id

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

my mail ID is: edith_sz74@yahoo.com