Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKB9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Pls tell me what are the GL account assigned under BA wise,bcoz

we are maintaing BA wise cost center & profit center.

Thanks in advance

regards

avudaiappan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to define those cost element, which by default / nature will have only profit centres. Here we specify that if the Profir Centre is xxx then the cost centre should be xxxx.

For eg.

Debtors write off account

Material Consumption Account

Revaluation accounts

Provision Accounts.

Hope this helps, if yes, please assign points.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for ur reply. I assigned points to u. i need some more explanation for this.

thanks in advance

regards

avudaiappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us take example of Stocks. Stocks are made up of materials.

In Material master we have profit centre assigned. As you are aware that we have link of cost centre to profit centre but not vice-a-versa.

Hence when we writeoff material as inventory difference, it passes profit centre in controlling. Now the question is how to pass the values in Cost Centre Accounting.

Hence we have OKB9 table in which we assign a default cost centre for a profit centre at cost element level. From here the transaction picks up the default cost centre maintained against profit centre.

Hence it is always recommended that we should maintain all cost elements in OKB9.

Hope this helps, if yes, please assign points.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you writeoff inventory, you use transaction code MB1A in MM Module with movement type 551. When you do this the system will ask for the cost center. The entry passed during the transaction is

DR. Writeoff of Inventory A/c (P/L) - Cost Center

CR. Inventory A/c (B/S) - Profit Center.

By doing this your inventory in Material Ledger is reduced and as well as in G/L A/C.

Bye,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OKB9 is for the automatic cost center profit center determination for the cost elements. If you want to default some of the cost objects with the cost menets you can define those cost elements here.

Thanks

Ashok

assign points for useful answer