Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding BDC program::::::

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have developed 5 different BDC program::

1)BDC prg which updates the storage bin of mard table i,e field LGPBE.. against the particular material.here in selection screen we will give storage bin name against the material number and plant and after executing it will update the mard-lgpbe field in table.

2)this BDC program uploads the data from excel sheet and with the help of TC

mm02 it changes the material group and external material group

against the particular material number:

3)this BDC program uploads the data from excel sheet and with the help of TC

mm01 and MMZ1 it extends the material to another plant and then (in continuation process)updates the

valuation class and valuation type.

4)this BDC program uploads the data from excel sheet and with the help of TC

mm02 it changes the purchasing group against the particular material

number.

5)this BDC program uploads the data from excel sheet and with the help of TC

mm01 it updates the valuation class and valuation type against the

particular material number.

i want to know one thing have i done a mistake instead of using BAPI i created these program...kindly consider the above situation and let me know is there any BAPI existing for the above scenario or i done good by created these programs....out of these '5' for which scenario i have to use BAPI and for which i have to create program..plz help me,,,

*IN order to get points plz dont send me from net what is bapi etc::::::

Message was edited by:

rajat garg

3 REPLIES 3

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep,

with the BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA you could do this in one time.

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to use BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVE _DATA

also refer this link for how to use this bapi

http://sap-img.com/abap/bapi-to-copy-materials-from-one-plant-to-another.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry it is BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA.

Hi ,

When creating material master data, you must transfer the material number, the material type, and the industry sector to the method. You must also enter a material description and its language.

When changing material master data, you need enter only the material number.

In the header data, you must select at least one view for which data is to be created. Depending on the view selected, you must maintain other required parameters. If you do not enter values for all of the required parameters, the method is ended with an error message.

The corresponding fields in the tables (such as CLIENTDATA) must first be supplied with data by the calling program. An indicator must also be set for each of these fields so that the data is written to the database by the method. This requires the calling program to supply the corresponding field with the indicator in a checkbox table (for example, CLIENTDATAX). Checkbox tables exist for tables that do not contain any language-dependent texts (MAKT, MLTX), International Article Numbers (MEAN), or tax classifications (MLAN). Several data records for a material can be created in these tables.

If a structure contains fields for units of measurement (such as structure CLIENTDATA, field BASE_UOM), language indicators (such as structure MATERIALDESCRIPTION, field LANGU), or country indicators (such as structure TAXCLASSIFICATIONS, field DEPCOUNTRY), there is always a field of the same name with the ending _ISO. This makes it possible to transfer either the internally used SAP code or a standardized ISO code for the units of measurement, language indicators, or country indicators. ISO codes are converted to an SAP code internally for further processing. The ISO code is used only if the SAP code is not transferred. If you use ISO codes, there must be a unique assignment of the ISO code to the SAP code in the following activities in Customizing for Global Parameters:

Check Units of Measurement

Define Countries

If you want to maintain long texts (basic data texts, internal comments, purchase order texts, material memos, or sales texts) or customer-defined fields for a material, some special conditions have to be observed. They are described in the documentation for parameters MATERIALLONGTEXT and EXTENSIONIN.

Parameters

HEADDATA

CLIENTDATA

CLIENTDATAX

PLANTDATA

PLANTDATAX

FORECASTPARAMETERS

FORECASTPARAMETERSX

PLANNINGDATA

PLANNINGDATAX

STORAGELOCATIONDATA

STORAGELOCATIONDATAX