cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

Could anyone explain me Need for Diff. Account assignments With examples.

B'coz. When there is a cost center why we required internal order,Project system as A diff. Account assignments?

What Is a basic Diff. bet. these account assignment?

Ideal situation to use this Account assignments?

I hope my Question is clear

Vishal...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Account assignment used in SRM are mostly same as copied from R/3 back-end system from table T163K ( Account Assignment Categories in Purchasing Document).</b>

<u>Some related links to go through are -></u>

+ Refer SAP OSS Note 672960 and 485891

Regards

- Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

The account assignement comes into picture when you order the material as Indirect. In case of direct it gets valuated under raw material, semi finished, finished etc (Valuation class).

In Account assignment you assign a specific G/L account to a cost center. In reality you can have different cost centers like Production, Maintenance, Quality etc and different G/L accounts like Raw material consumption , machine tools, computer software, buildings, machineries etc.

Suppose if a machine has been procured for production purposes it gets accounted in the machineries G/L account and the cost is accrued by production. Same case if a measuring instrument is procured by Quality department it gets accounted in machineries G/L account and the cost is accrued by Quality department.

It helps in analysing the spend of each department as per the allocate d budget and also helps in allocating budgets to respective departments for future purposes.

Hope this clears your query.

In case of any clarification feel free to ask.

Also reward points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Teja,

but it is still not clear to me when to use Cost center and Internal Orders as account assignments

Any specific example..welcome

vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Good to iknow that you have understood something.

In case of direct material consumption for production or u can say BOM items were issued against production orders (Internal orders) and get valuated accordingly.

In case of consumption of material by different departments for adhoc purposes like tape, screw drivers, hammers, nuts, bolts etc (can be any thing), the material consumption is valuated against cost centers. The material gets issued against a reservation for a cost center like maintenance, production, quality, HR etc.

Hope this will make you more clear.

Rgds,

Teja