cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period 012 is not valid in financial year variant V3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i already posted this issue on ASSET ACCOUNTING two weaks ago ....but still waiting for your responce .............

Can any one pls help me out ..........its an urgent ...........

when i check dep. thro' t.code AW01N/AS02 i am getting an error like "SYST: Period 012 is not valid in financial year variant V3".....

i don't know why the system is throwing this type of error and where i have to do changes...........

i am in 4.6c and the dep has not been run for long time . i suppose the last time the dep may be in year 2003......

Can u guide how to rectify his error........ and bring all the assets upto date and run the dep in the SAP system.

Presently my clients are posting the manual JV's for every Quater.

Any help in this would be highly appreciated....

Revert

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting periods are controlled by two ways.

one is technical point of view - OB52 (see here are you maintain account type wise or *)

second is FI-MM point of view go for OMSY. You can see what are current period open for your company code. You can use T.code MMPV- for close the posting periods and MMRV to open or allow the period for posting.

Hope this is fine, If yes assign points,

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sankar

i hope that u have read the question throu'

As i have not worked in AA... I am not in the position to know upto which period the dep has been run in the SAP system.Now my client is posting the dep manually every quater thr' JV.

It will be helpful for me if u tell me how to check until what period the dep has been posted........

I have already checked the 0B52 periods settings but the periods are open..

Hope this might be clear for you and i will get a solution for this issue from you.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go for T.code AFAB choose test run button and specify the period. then u can understand. when u specified a month which already depreciaion posted then system will generate message. depreciation already posted.

OR you can see the pl account from which period your client is calculating depreciation manually. that means from that preiod there is no AFAB.

Hope this is helpful, if yes assign points,

Regards,

Sankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please send the the diagnosis by clicking on the error message i guess i know this. I can help you out when i see the diagnosis for the same.

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Zia

i am forward the error to you.......

check and pls help me out

I have checked all the config setting and the OB52 also but the same error is appearing when i got thro'AW01n......

Revert

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Zia

i can't attaching the sc.shot of the error which i am getting when i m running AW01N transaction.............any input will be helpfull to me to solve this issue.....

regards

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Try T.Code: OB29-Fiscal year variants. Make sure FV has twelve periods like in the example below. It should resolve your error.

V3 Apr.- March, 4 special periods 12 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi james

i have already checked those thin its clearly mentioned there...........

if its not their then how the FI transaction will happen for 12 period......

regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This may be because of posting period 12

check in OB52

check in mmpv,mmrv even

Regards

Prasad

Accenture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

The first step would be to check your varant V3 and ensure that you have 12 period defined.

In order to regularize the dep. you can go for UNPLANNED depreciation option

thanks

Ashok

Assign points for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hellopraveen,

goto the t.code ob52 check posting perion for Asset where period "from & to"is considered for period 12 or not .

hope this could be help u.

please reward points.