Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DataGuard Configuration and Installation Document

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working in PricewaterhouseCoopers India Ltd as a SAP BASIS Consultant. I never worked on Oracle DataGuard. So I want to get the Installation and Configuration document for Oracle DataGuard for Oracle 9i. If you have any document like this, please share with me if you have no problem.

Actually One of our Client has SAP ECC 5.0 / HP Unix / Oracle 9i. This system had gone live April 2006. Now they wanted to create a Disaster Recovery system which is far from Current Production System ( WAN Connected). Client wants both the database always sync at any point of time. So I have checked the net and I have told them to configure the Oracle DataGuard for 9i. Is it ok? Where will I get the Oracle DataGuard for Oracle 9i? Will we purchase this from Oracle or SAP?

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Gautam Poddar

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

look the Oracle documentation:

<a href="http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_pdf?pathname=server.920%2Fa96653.pdf&remark=docindex">Data Guard Concepts and Administration</a>

DataGuard is not a separate product, it is already included in the price if you bought the licence from SAP (if you bought it from Oracle I cannot say, probably you will have to pay an extra as you will have two RDBMS installed)

SAP does not offer help on the DG installation, it is a consulting issue.

<i>Client wants both the database always sync at any point of time</i>

That will also depend on how fast the redo logs are being generated, how fast can they be shipped to the standby and how fast can they be applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Guard is included with Oracle Enterprise Edition at no additional cost. As a built-in Oracle database feature, Data Guard has also reduced management complexity and business risk.

Vinod