Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Person responsible and Applican Number in PS

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the main difference between the responsible person and the Applicant of the project ?

Can we use HR data or we need to maintain the persons data in PS itself?

regards

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see the difference as follows: the personal responsible is the person responsible (for the execution) of the project. The applicant is the person who required the project. Anyways we use it as described above.

As far as I know there is no relationship with HR for these fields. However it is possible attach roles at WBS-level that are HR-related.

Regards,

Paul

Message was edited by:

P. Hensgens

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks.

but i am still not clear with the applicant number.

does it is Customer or the project team member?

can you please explore it with som eexample.

Regards

Shiv

Message was edited by:

shivshankar mule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The applicant is not a project team member. For example we use projects to deliver services to internal and external customers. The service is triggered by a sales order. The applicant field in the project is used to record the name (must be customized first) of the sales contact person towards the client.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi,

When you define person responsible and applicant in tcode OPS6, OPS7 you need to specify number for them. This number is not linked with HR but for convinient identification in future you may give the person's ticket number over there.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Person Responsible - Project Manager , APM or person responsible for that specific scope (WBS)

Applicant : Project Sponsor, Program manager or Executive/Senior Project Manager or Divison Head

bettassoci
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

These two fields are defined and used for reporting based on whatever criteria your client/customer decides. The definitions provided by others in this forum are, in general terms, accurate.

Technically, you should know the 'Person Responsible' is the field (along with the SAP Office user defined in the configuration table) used to identify the recipient of an e-mail when Budget Availability Control is active, and the warning or error message is triggered.

Further you should know you can have different user names in Person Responsible in each WBS and/or Project Definition. If the names are different in the WBS and Project Definition, and the Budget Control message is triggered, both users will receive an e-mail notification.

Regards,

Kent

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

applicant means one who wants the project like in case of capital project ie internal proj if engineering building is proj, the HOD of engg will b the applicant

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

applicant means one who wants the project like in case of capital project ie internal proj .

if engineering building is proj, the HOD of engg will be the applicant

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main difference in Applicants and person responsible is:

The Applicants are the list of possible people to be involved in the project and person responsible is the persons from that list assigning a specific responsibility.

I hope this will help..

regards,

punam gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Person resposible: The Person resposible for the project.

Applicant: The person executing the project

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gues that makes sense..

sunil