Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields to the standard transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to add two fields in the standard transaction 'CJ74'.

There is a field 'personnel no' in cj74 based on that personnel no I have to add 'first name ' and 'last name' to the report.

What I analyzed is we have to make a z of the standard prog and have to do the modifications. but problem is that all the declarations are in the top include of the function group.

How can I do this or any other solution?

Thanks in advance,

Priya.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I am not sure though however at my end when i go to the report and click on change layout icon i see the fields personel number and User name both field available. try clicking on change layout icon if you have not and try to add these fields.

Otehrwise if you have tried this then you can create a z copy though it will be a ofcourse somewhat cumbersome, in that case you can create a zinclude in your copied program and define all those top include declarations.

hope this helps, revert for clarifications if any.

regards,

Vikas

<b>Reward points to all helpful suggestions.</b>

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I tried the first option what u written to me, those two fields are not there in the change layout.

I have to declare these two fields in the output table(ie final table). And the final table is <gt_pos_data> which is a field symbol of type table.Iam not able to aasign my fields to that field symbol,not able to find how other fields are assigned to that field symbol(ex: pernr (personnel no)).

Thanks in advance,

Priya.

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I am not able to locate the field symbol <gt_pos_data> in the program RKPEP003.

However believe that the type of field symbol must be defined as * or of type ANY / DATA.

So whatever is assigned to the field symbol first the data type of the assigned object becomes the type of field symbol. thus you have to add your fields to the table which is getting assigned to the field symbol.

Hope this helps . Revert for clarifications if any.

Regards,

Vikas

<b>Always reward points to helpful suggestions.</b>

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

<gt_pos_data> is in the TOPINCLUDE (LAEKTOP) of the type group (KAEP) and the function module which is using by the standard program is under this function group .Now I want to make the z copy of that function group (KAEP), can u plz help me on how to make z copy of the function group.

Thanks,

Priya.

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I dont see a point copying a type group rather i would suggest you to pass the data from your field-symbol to some other table, which has the fields which you need and then inserting the data for the table entries.

Maybe you can assign the same field-symbol again this new table by freeing the old definition.

hope this gives you some idea on how to proceed.

regards,

Vikas

<b>Always reward points to all helpful suggestions.</b>