cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status groups in incompletion log

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody explain what is the use of status group in incompletion log?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

you use status groups

OVA0

to define the status of incomplete sales and distribution documents. Then assign the status group to the fields in an incompletion procedure.

In the status group, you define which functions may be carried out for an incomplete sales and distribution document, or for the items where a field entry is missing. You use this function to block a document for delivery, billing, or pricing. In addition, you can check at header level whether the general data is complete.

Example

Fields that are defined for deliveries do not also have to apply to the billing document. If you allocate the relevant status group to these fields in the incompletion procedure, you can create a billing document for the incomplete sales order but not a delivery.

Hope,this information will help you.

Best Regards'

Sainath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sainath

I need help. If I want make mandatory the date of an Odv (PO Date) I define an Incompleteness procedure and then what kind of status I have to set up??

I can't understand why my customizing of log incomplete doesn't work.

I define a procedue, then I assign this procedure to my document type but nothing.

Did I miss something???

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this “incompleteness procedure”, important fields are assigned and by using <b>“status group”</b>, documents can be blocked at each level of processing, if values have not been maintained in those fields.

Incompleteness procedure does not concern whether correct values have been maintained or not. It only concerned whether value has been maintained or not.

General (Generally Incomplete):

This control, records certain information about the fields at header level. Ex.: PO number is not maintained.

Delivery (Incomplete for Delivery):

This control, records certain information about the fields. Ex.: Shipping points at item level and issues appropriate message on the status bar.

Billing document (Incomplete for Billing):

This control records appropriate status message if certain billing information is missing. Ex.: payment terms.

Price (Incomplete with reference to pricing):

This control records appropriate information if data at item level has been missed. Ex.: price.

and so on

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

A grouping of statuses such as delivery status, billing status, or pricing status for determining the status messages that appear in the incompletion log.

using the status groups u can determine which status messages appear when you process different documents. The status group also provides the link during the sales order processing between the incompletion log and th header and item status screens in the sales document

The fields that appear in the incompletion log are defined for each sales document by an incompletion procedure where you assign a status group to each field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u explain me in brief?