cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO workflow :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends..

I already created one workflow for PO using standard workflow 20000075.when iam creating PO the workflow got triggered automatically and the mail send to the user's SAP inbox.now my requirment is , i need to send a mail to users external mail id while the PO reach users SAP inbox.

in that purpose i need to write one new task(sending mail to external id)

or anyother idea..?

Thanks in advance.

Gowrishankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gowrishankar,

You mean a notification when a new task is in the inbox of the user? I woudl say extended notification. Check this forum and SDN for this, you will find what you need, and as a bonus no change to the workflow needed.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin..

Please give the little bit expansion about that..

How can create a step to send a mail to a particular person..

Thanks in advance

Gowrishankar

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gowrishankar,

The point is you don't need to create a step to send an e-mail. The extended notification sends the e-mails for tasks in the inbox. Search this forum for it,I know there have been posts with links to more info (SAPHelp, and even a blog I think).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin..

I tried all the ways.. but again iam confused..

So if you have any clear idea..Please send to me..

when user gets workitem in their inbox.. need to send mail notification to

his external id..

(my scenario-in PO release two level of approver.After create PO workflow got triggered..after that

1)workitem goes to the first level of approver-at that moment i need to send mail notification to him..once he release PO.it will goes to the next level.

2)At that time also i need to send external mail notification to his id..)

it's my exact requirment.. how can achieve it..Anyone help me...

I need step by step procedure..

Thanks and Regards

Gowrishankar

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gowrishankar,

You keep telling us what you want, but not what you did. Did you search already? I just did and saw quite some threads in this forum. I also found the entry in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d5/581ee8d56f1247bf34cfcd66d16d81/frameset.htm">SAPHelp</a> and a <a href="/people/saujanya.gn/blog/2006/12/19/how-to-get-work-items-your-outlook-inbox. Take a look at these first and try it.

For sending out e-mails configuring of transaction SCOT is also required, check with your Basis guys, they should know.

Then if you still have some problems, tell us what you did, and which specific problem you have. You will only learn when you try it yourself, when you just follow a step by step guide, you will only learn how to follow a step by step guide. And even if I wanted to give you one, I couldn't because I don't have one.

Regards,

Martin

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GP,

better make a copy of the std.template and insert a SendMail Step after it sends a workitem to user's SAP Inbox.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its ok Aditya..

But where i can add send mail step..

workflow started -

>release of po -

> release of po effected --->workflow completed.

i need to send a mail for both the persons,when they get po in their sap inbox.

in case i added send mail task..how can i give the Approver id because two person involved in this one.. they are getting po in different time..

Thanks

Gowrishankar

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GP,

ok, so in that case insert a Activity Step after Release PO,

create a task, and a zmethod which would identify the agents and pass that to SendMail Step after this Activity Step.

Aditya