cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a folder on server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

My requirement is that i want to create an application in which there should be an hyperlink which will point to a particular folder on the server and when i click on that hyperlink it should open that folder. Can we create this kind of Hyperlink in webdynpro application

thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. first insert the UI element LinkToAction

2 create the action

3.then go to LinkToAction proprties assigned on action name in onaction coloumn..

Thanks & Regards,

P.Manivannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manivannan,

I have inserted LinkToAction UI element

and then created action in OnAction property of LinkToAction

now what next needs to be done such that by clicking on this action a perticular folder should be opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. you go to the implementaion section

2. you have insert into thecode under the action method

Regards,

P.Manivannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i know that

but i want to know the code to open the folder after clicking that link

so please tell me the code for opening up a folder

thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "opening a folder"? Do you mean displaying the contained files?

If yes, have a look at methods java.io.File.isDirectory() and java.io.File.listFiles().

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Armin,

Thanks for your reply

yes i mean displaying the contained files

Can u please give me some details of how to use java.io.File.isDirectory() and java.io.File.listFiles(). methods..

thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just read the Javadoc, see e.g. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/File.html

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Armin i checked the link u sent and used the methods but my requirement is like after clicking the hyperlink the folder which it is refering to can be opened like we open any folder on windows level. Is that possible

thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Armin,

i got solution so thanks for all your help

actually what i wanted required Link to Url dunctionality and referencing it to remote folder..

thanks

Gaurav