cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0CO_OM_CCA_10 delta upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to upload commitment lines items using the data source 0CO_OM_CCA_10.

Our OLTP release is 4.6C, and this release does not support delta uplaod.

We would like to upload data daily, therefore we have to have an uploading mechanism that similar to delta mechanism.

Is there a way or trick to upload data daily from this datasource?

Thanks,

Mohamad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamad

If your data source doesn't support delta load you can do one thing. Use a ODS in your data flow and load it full from DS. From ODS do a delta load to your reporting cube. ODS support delta ..

Please asign points if helpfull.

Revert back if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Tripple k

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atieh,

I'm not using the 0CO_OM_CCA_10 Data Source but I think it is the same problem that I had with the 0CO_OM_CCA_1 Data Source. In this case, there were no delta process to upload data but I needed to simulate it.

In both cases the FISCPER field is marked as a "selection" field. So, the minimum information that you can load into an ODS or a InfoCube is the data that belongs to one month, not to one day.

The method I used was to create an OLAP variable to control the data to load. Before the execution of the InfoPackage, I fill the variable with the interval of months to load.

If you know how to calculate the interval of months to load AND the target Data Store (ods) has all key figures put in overwrite mode, it works !!! I think that it's better than to load all data again.

Regards

Ramon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

Using this method you might not be able to load all updated data, because the FISCPER is not the Last Change Date of the record. Therefore, for example, if a record was changed in current month but its document date is in the previous month, and your method upload data for only the current month, then it will not be uploaded for ever.

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atieh,

You are right !!!

I'm using this method but I don't restrict to load data from this month only. I load data from Fiscal periods that are not closed yet. And, of course, they are less than to load all data again.

I know that this is not the perfet solution but it works. In addition, using total levels, I have some reports (using SQL sentences) to validate that data transfered to R3 is the same as the stored in BW.

Regards

Ramon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently modeling this DS to use in CO reporting of Commitment Items. The Delta option is supported for OLTP release 4.7, however it does not seem to change some records loaded in the initialization that have since been changed in the source. Is there a specific method to init the delta as in 0CO_OM_CCA_9?