cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deleting a file which is in a folder which inturn in workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

12:20:42.309 DELETE (FAILED: Conflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:concurrency-lock-denied]) Hello.java (C:\CFolder1\WSF1\WSF2\Dev\HelloWorld\Package\Hello.java)

--- Problem summary: ---

12:20:42.309 DELETE (FAILED: Conflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:concurrency-lock-denied]) Hello.java (C:\CFolder1\WSF1\WSF2\Dev\HelloWorld\Package\Hello.java)

I am getting above error while deleting a file which is in a folder which inturn in workspace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like there's already an exclusive lock on the file in question. Perhaps somebody did an "Edit (exclusive)"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if so what's the solution!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to Edit the file first, I believe NWDS will then tell you has an Exclusive lock. Once you know, go to that person and smack him/her... Let them release the lock either by checking in an activity or reverting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

file is red ticked this can't be edited, but it resides in a folder, if right click on this i can see edit files in folder, nothing is locked.

still unabel to delete..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you Sync the containing folder?

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

You cannot delete a file that has been "checked out for Edit" by someone else (deletion is an exclusive operation). That user must first revert, and then you can delete.

To find out who has checked out this file, load its version graph (Show In -> Version Graph). A dotted circle there indicates an open version (checked out for edit), and the tooltip on this version will indicate the user name who has checked it out. Then, do as Pascal suggested

Regards,

Manohar

PS: If the file is "red ticked", then it means you have checked it out yourself - but then the "delete" menu item should be disabled. Are you sure you are able to attempt deletion of a file with a "red tick" decorator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manohar,

i did revert,then i try to delete file under folder, now the folder which consists of this file gets a red tick, in order to delete this folder first of all i should delete file.

Regards,

RK

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also Sync the folder and then select Delete -> Subtree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This folder resides in workspace, if i sync workspace it means folder is also in sync by default.

Somewhere i am going wrong???.

once file is deleted deleting folder is simple and hence use DTRshell to dlete workspace and hence use IE to delete workspace folders.

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

If the folder has a "Red tick" decorator, it means it has been checked out - this can happen when:

a) You have deleted a file/folder under this folder (and not yet checked-in the activity containing the deletion)

OR

b) You have added a new file/folder under this folder (and not yet checked-in the activity containing these new files)

In either case, you can't delete the folder until the activity containing its children is checked in or reverted.

Once you've reached a state where the folder has no "Red tick", you can do a "Delete -> Subtree" on the folder - this will automatically delete all files & folders under this folder. (The precondition for such a "delete subtree" action is that no files/folders under this folder must be checked out by anyone).

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I already synced, checkedin , now i can see file rightclick delete option is highlighted and if i right click on the folder which consists of this file, i can see delete->subtree,

But if delete the file, immediately folder will be decorated with red tick.

( I spent enough time with this deleting task, knowingly or unknwingly there are somany checked in activities in closed activities, how can i erase all unwanted activities)

Regards,

RK

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete closed activities, there's actually no reason to delete them anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal

we are doing R & D on DTR, delebrately i don't want any closed activity, this is not real time scenario,so very well i want to delete.

There should be an option to delete!

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you or not !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one know how to earse closed activties in DTR, is there any option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said there is no option to delete closed activities for at least two reasons:

1. You don't really need it

2. They build up the change history of your development objects.

The 2nd one is of course the most important reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U mean to say if there are 10/20 closed activities which you creted during your trail session should be left like that in the repository throught, which are of no use in any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep.

Talking about trial sessions: What we have over here is a production NWDI environment and a sandbox NWDI environment.

People who are not familiar with NWDI yet, can play around in the sandbox environment, so they cannot screw up the production NWDI. We also use this for Proof of Concepts for our applications. We build those first in the sandbox, allowing us to screw up .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the problem I have with deleting my folder. I had created a WD project TaxTool and and added the DC to my SC. There were obviously some checkedout activities. Being new to this, I deleted the project directly without checking in the activities. Now I have folder TaxTool/_comp with nothing underneath on the DTR server and on my client. I am unable to checkout TaxTool for delete but the checkout of _comp folder fails in NWDS with the following error:

<b>EDIT (FAILED: server response: Conflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:no-exclusivity-with-existing-checked-out-resources]) comp (C:\JDI\JDIDEMO1\intelJDI_TEST\dev\inactive\DCs\intel.com\TaxTool\_comp\)</b>

If I try the same from the DTR shell, I get this following error:

<b>Unexpected problem occurred during executing command.Lockfile "C:\Documents and

Settings\bvedamur\.dtr\.syncdbs\5b0d8b2110a7a29883734c0407462df8.syncdbM.lock" is already in use by another process.</b>

I am the only user in the system (doing R&D) and I have tried Sync and Delete. Nothing works. Help appreciated.

Thx

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you still see the activities in your Open Activities view? If so, you can try to revert them and see if you can then get rid of the folder.

Was your NWDS still running when you used the DTR shell? If so, that might explain the error message you got.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got over this problem. I had open activities in one DTR client, but then I deleted this client (but the activities were open and there were locks on the files). I then created a new client and that's when I got into this mess.

What I did was recreated the old DTR client and did the sync-up and delete from there. And it all worked.

Thanks for your response