cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can any expert let me know why i need a Business system in SLD despite having a technical system in the SLD, that to when we have a one-to-one mapping only.

I understand that it's the way to do, but then why did SAP came up with such a thing.

What i understand is that say tomorrow if my technical system changes i just need to point this new technical system to the existing Business system which has been used to do all the Configurations in the Integration Builder.

Please throw more light on it.

Thanks fo the help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>What i understand is that say tomorrow if my technical system changes i just need to point this new technical system to the existing Business system which has been used to do all the Configurations in the Integration Builder.

Yes exactly,you understanding is correct.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simple words:

say your R/3 system is.. ECC6

having 2 clients 800, 810

so you have one tech sys say ECC6

and 2 business sys say ECC800, ECC810.

Regards

Pushkar Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mantosh,

in any of ur scenarios...ur "logical systems" talk to each other via xi. the business systems are nothing but ur logical systems...

technical systems are the "physical machines" that have these logical systems...

understand this by takin the example of R3...

suppose u hav an R3...the system mite have various clients...each client mite have its own specific configuration...now each of these clients can act as a "logical" system in a particular scenario...but the technical system...i.e the "physical machine" will remain the same for each..

therefore u need both tech n busi systems in SLD.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business system is a logical layer needed for configuration in integration directory. On the other site technical system is physical representation of your technical landscape. In case of SAP technical systems you can have more than one business system relation. In that situation there is relation one client to one business system.

best,

wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your technical system changes, then you definitely need to point this new technical system to the existing Business system which has been used to do all the Configurations in the Integration Builder.

Your understanding is correct.

Thanks