Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orgchart via MSS

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am trying to find a way to allow managers to access the organizational chart through portal. I couldn't find the iview com.sap.pct.hcm.orgchartviewer.default in my portal content directory. Am using MSS 60.1 with R/3 4.7 as backend.

Can anyone tell me if this is the right iview to use for my requirement and wether i can use it with 4.7 as backend.

Also, there a few third party org charting tools mentioned on

Link<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=114915">sdn forum topic</a>

Can these be used with the portal?

Thanks

Zubair Naseer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at this document, page 803.

http://www.appsconsulting.co.za/SAP_PDF/BP_MSS_601_EN_2005.pdf

You can only utilize this iView with a third-party vendor that has been certified by SAP as a

partner for the SAP XML interface (HR-OCI). From this iView you can launch an organizational charting application, which is provided from a certified 3rd party vendor.

SAP provides a default testing application, which can be used for verifying the organizational data that is to be presented as a chart.

Yes you can user 4.7 as backend.

For SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70: Plug-In 2004.1 or 2003.1 support package 06 or

later

Regards,

Nitin

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed answer. Ok, i found com.sap.pct.hcm.orgchartviewer

and am getting RFC error while trying to use it.

So probally need the third party software.

We are already using Visio. Can you please tell me if with Visio it is possible to use this iview? I guess we would also need a SAP connector for Visio.

Appreciate if you can share your experience in this regard.

Thanks

Zubair Naseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Portal 6.0 and SAP MSS 100 SP19, but i didnt find the iview for org chart the com.sap.pct.hcm.orgchartviewer.

can you please guide me.

Regards

Ali