cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding stock initialization using 2LIS_03_BX datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to do stock initialization in a cube from 2LIS_03_BX datasource.

My cube is directly mapped to the BX datasource through an infosource(no ODS inbetween). Is there anything wrong in this approach( is an ODS a must in between?). The following are the steps i did. My problem is that even though there are 30 records in the datasource nothing is getting added to the cube.

1. First i have Run MCNB to initialize the stock for 2LIS_03_BX.

2. Then i tried to load data to the cube from the BX datasource. In infopackage i selected generate initial status option.

(I have not yet done any setup to fill setup tables for 2LIS_03_BF or UM. should this be done before step 2 above? Or is there any additional setup to be done in R/3? Also i didnt find the option to set marker in infopackage as said in the SAP document for stock initialization)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved... Thanks for everyone who helped

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<i>

My cube is directly mapped to the BX datasource through an infosource(no ODS inbetween). Is there anything wrong in this approach( is an ODS a must in between?).</i>

That depends on ur requirement.

<i>My problem is that even though there are 30 records in the datasource nothing is getting added to the cube.</i>

Did u get any records upto PSA ? wht u see in RSMO

<i>I have not yet done any setup to fill setup tables for 2LIS_03_BF or UM. should this be done before step 2 above?</i>

whatever u hav done is correct.

<i>Also i didnt find the option to set marker in infopackage as said in the SAP document for stock initialization</i>

U will find 'Marker update' option @ cube manage not in infopack screen

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i like to add some more points that will help u to help me

1. I didnt get any records in the PSA. When i click the PSA its giving the error "No packet numbers could be determined".

2. I didnt do anything with the option of marker update. In fact i could not find it in the cube's monitor. Can you tell me where to find it?

3. My cube is using 2 noncummulative keyfigures. Only the receipts (not the issues) of these noncummulative keyfigures are appearing in the update rules from BX datasource. Is that ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also tell me if i want to start the process from the scratch again, should i delete and fill the set up table for 2lis_03 before running stock initialization for BX.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u check are there any Shortdumps .. check in ST22 and let me know and also check error msgs Goto Monitor Screen(RSMO) --> Deatils tab..

U will find 'Marker Update option @ Cube--> Manage --> Collapse tab

Thanks

(Assign points if Useful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help friend. My problem is solved. Now i am able to load data in the cube. But i have one more issue...

What i understood seeing the data from BX is that it gives the stock of all materials as on today. So the marker i set in the cube will be todays stock which will be referenced by BF loads as the opening stock.

But what should i do if i need get the same for a past date. i.e. my BX should give me the opening stocks for a past date, say 01.01.2005. This is because i am interested only in past two years data and i need to get the benefit of a marker for my history data also. If i set marker today, will my past data gets the benefit? i.e.if i ask for the stock for a date in the past, will that be calculated on the basis of the marker i set on todays date?