cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the oracle database for MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am new to MDM technology. I have been asked to install MDM 5.5 on windows with oracle database.

i have gone through the installation guides and master guide of MDM. But in the installation the procedure is not given to create the data base after oracle installation. i want to know do i need to create the database manually if yes then what should be the DBSID of the database and schema name etc.

Please help.

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

After Installing Oracle and MDM 5.5 Perform the following steps .

1. Go to Console and Mount the MDM Server then for this server Right Click and Select "DBMS Settings" from the context menu.

2. Give the DBMS server name and User Credentials: Login and Password for your DBMS Server.

3. Then Right Click on the MDM Server and select "Unarchive Repository" from the context menu and give the DBMS User Credentials.

4. Then select the repository from the "Archive" list and Give it a suitable "Repository Name". and Click on "Finish".

This will create database of the repository specified.

Please revert back if you have any queries

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No there is no database.

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, let's rock.

<b>Oracle database creation</b>

Use <b>Oracle Database Configuration Assistant</b> (Start -> Programs -> ...) to create a new database.

The database naming (on Step 3) is up to you. I used MDM as for SID and MDM.<MYHOSTNAME>.<MYDOMAIN> as for the db name.

Be sure you select UTF8 for the character set (on Step 12) - this requirement is mentioned in the SAP MDM Installation Guide.

All other settings can go default.

<b>Listener and TNS name configuration</b>

The next step is to configure a listener and tns name for your database.

Run the <b>Oracle Net Configuration Assistance</b> and select the "Listener configuration". Default settings on the wizard pages should suite your configuration.

Click Finish.

Run the <b>Oracle Net Configuration Assistance</b> again and select the "Local Service Name configuration". Add one. Choose the name of the database for the service name. It was MDM.<MYHOSTNAME>.<MYDOMAIN> for me.

Ensure that you use name of the database that you've entered during the database creation.

Everything else should go as suggested by default.

Once you are at the Test stage of the wizard and get the "invalid login/password" message, clisk "Change login" and use SYSTEM user and the password you\ve entered during databae creation.

After the test passes, you can connect to your Oracle database through the MDM Console.

Please, let me know if you have any questions, I'll help.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Aliaksandr

Do we need Oracle Client installation in case described above? MDM installation guide states that "You might need to install both DBMS and client of Oracle if you plan to host Oracle on the same machine as MDM." It's not clear whether should we install Client in any case or there are some situations when we are able to skip this step?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before I could help, may I ask you to run the <b>Oracle Administration Assistant</b> (Start -> Programs -> ...) and tell me if there are some databases in the tree on the left under the <b>Databases</b> node?