cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI -> ECC integration when ECC is offline for backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current Situation - When ECC goes offline XI continues to try and post IDOC'S which cause the RFC to fail and appear in SM58 for a while but eventually the queue falls over and its all bad news from there.....

Flat File -

> XI -

> ECC

how should i deal with this, what is the advised method of dealing with this issue ?

other info;

1. The offline time is around 10 hours

2. We dont want to loose transparency - if a real error occurs we need to be on it

3. I dont want to shut down the incoming file adaptor as I want the file in XI not in the file system, but i want it to sit and wait for ECC to be available for processing and not just error in nasty ways .....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

best option would be to configure alerts so that if u come across this problem,designated people can be informed and swift action taken

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry maybe i was misleading with my post in terms of transparency, What I was trying to get at was that the issue may be resolved by adjusting timeout settings in the Partner Profile in we20 the issue with this solution is that if I set the timeout to survive a 10 hour timeout it appears and though nothing has ever happened.... Ie The message gets passed to the RFC and we dont see it return for 10 hours.

Im thinking at this stage it would be better to adjust the Queue timeouts and retry's so it will report an attempt but not fall over and stop.

I guess Im looking for confirmation that this the best way to deal with the situation. As Im sure Im not the only person who has to deal with offline backups.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

i have changed the timeout values in my recent projects but never did it equal to 10 hrs:)

infact SAP does not recommend to change the timeout values much

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as you have a sync scenario,you may increase the timeout for RFC in VA.

have a look at the following

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

but still a timeout of 10hrs is too long for a sync scenario.

Thanx

Aamir